help me on which brake pads to buy

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so what do you guys think is best? I am sick of the stock brakes squealing, and cleaning up brake dust every time I drive it. I like the performance of the stock brakes, and love the pedal feel so I want everything to be the same or better there...i've read about people swapping to EBC's I think it was and having worse braking performance...but i do know they have different colors/styles also.

so what do you guys recommend? I want the best pads to buy for a street car that sees lots of track/performance use.

OP
OP
D

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the :search: your answers await you. :smirk:
i did that and it seemed like most people went EBC Red's, but I just wanted to see if anything new has come out, opinions have changed, or products have changed(like Greens did a while ago)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Street and track pad, I do that balance as best I can. I don't change out my pads from track->street, but I personally don't mind the brake dust, I want the bite.

I like the Brakeman 3's, I have also run Carbotech's but they seem to not be as 'rotor friendly' as other choices. Mintex pads seem to be used a lot too.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no compromises. If you want performance then you will have to take the squealing and dust. If you want clean and quiet then get EBC greens, but don't go tailgating anybody.

OPENRUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just switched my car over to Hawk pads. I only have 500 miles on them so far but there is zero noise from them and VERY little dust on my rims over the stock pads!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just switched my car over to Hawk pads. I only have 500 miles on them so far but there is zero noise from them and VERY little dust on my rims over the stock pads!

Which Hawk pads ? Hawk makes several different compounds which would each have their own characteristics.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hawk HPS is a great all around pad, mostly for street
the HP+ is great on the track, but dusts very badly

darko, you must have some $$ burning a hole in your pocket
you seem to be buying a lot of stuff for your car in the past few days ;)

OP
OP
D

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hawk HPS is a great all around pad, mostly for street
the HP+ is great on the track, but dusts very badly

darko, you must have some $$ burning a hole in your pocket
you seem to be buying a lot of stuff for your car in the past few days ;)
paid off all my credit and got a new 0% card :D

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hawk HPS.....:2tu:

Might try some braided brake lines too

And some cooling ducts

And....

And....

Never ends...:D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a search on this topic last week. The reviews for EBC Red's were mixed and the reviews for HPS were mostly positive. EBC's green's were mostly negative due to high dust problems. EBC's are a little cheaper vs. HPS if thats a factor for you.

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forget the brand I had on previously, but they were pretty much track only type pads. Extremely loud and tons of brake dust. (Embarassingly loud!!) Switched to EBC Red's. They don't make noise any more, but still lots of brake dust (IMO). Performance is fine for street use.