Help needed! Tuning 2000 RT/10 for o2 sensors.

Ryan H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I just removed my cats on my 2000 RT/10 in an effort to reduce the heat. Now as expected the car is showing efficiency codes P0420 and P0432 due to no cats and the o2 sensors don't like it... I do have an HP tuner I have used to adjust my cooling fans with. Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction on how to use my system to deactivate the codes and make sure the car will run properly?

Thank you.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with how HP Tuners works, but from what I understand on the little tuning talk I have heard with these cars, you don't necessarily want to truly "deactivate" them. I believe the preference is to just set the threshold for the error far enough out that they don't throw a code instead of just flat out disconnecting them from the system. Maybe you can dig around in the menus and see if there is any mention of error thresholds or something like that? I've never seen the HP Tuners program myself, so not sure what all is really there.

xvenomx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they are still around, Percision Dynamics offered sets of O2 sensors that allow the ECU to read as normal.

OP
OP
Ryan H

Ryan H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great suggestion guys. Thank you very much for the support. I thought I might put the spark plug anti fowler trick in the vehicle see if that works to pull the O2 sensor out a little bit.

RNWTDVL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are talking about the rear 02, then anti foulers work, just double up on each side so they are deep enough, I drilled mine out.

OP
OP
Ryan H

Ryan H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the two Dorman 42009 anti foulers from advanced auto parts for 15 bucks and no more codes!! Thanks fellas.