Help needed

adesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just fitted new wires and mixed up the leads on the lh bank, can someone tell me the correct firing order.

2005 SRT10 vert

I know i have been stupid, been working on my car 5 hours.

thanks

OP
OP
A

adesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info greatly appreciated, what is confusing me is on my lh bank (drivers side) my wires left to right 1 3 7 5 9 is this correct? just seems wrong, and i do not have a workshop manual.

my rh bank 10 8 6 4 2 left to right

taking the intake off stressed me so much I forgot the basics :(

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Your numerical order is correct...though to avoid confusion (including my own!!) I prefer to say: Left bank plugs are numbered front to rear...1-3-5-7-9 and Right bank front to rear 2-4-6-8-10.

I guess my concern is that a lead is going to an incorrect coil terminal.

When I get in this kind of fix...I stop, eat, rest, clear head, call a guru, finish project later.

Good luck.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Are your new plug wires numbered on BOTH ends?? If so, it will be easier to trace the wires..assuming that you still have the intake back on and all connections in place.

I'll try to make a coil pack diagram:

NEVER MIND...the diagram collapsed upon posting!!!

You have a fax nember??

OP
OP
A

adesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D Sorted thanks for the info, it appears the previous owner (i have only had the car a few weeks) had the wires in the wrong order. Unfortunately I covered 1200 slow miles like this, could damage have been caused? no7 where no 5 should be. The car has only covered 2000 miles from new. There is no way i mixed the wires as i dealt with them one at a time, the car now runs smooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine