Help! Viper will not start

Baddasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

I had the most horrible experience yesterday. Was going through Viper Withdrawal so I decided to take it out. While stopping at a red light the car started to backfire and wanted to stall. I shut the car down and started it again. It ran fine so I went to the Gas station to fill her up. When I got back in the car to start it. It would start at all. Just keeps turning. My friend and I checked the security system, fuses, fuel pump seens to work, but for some reason where are not gettin a spark when we pull the spark plug wire. I had to have the car towed:-( Now its sittn at my friends house. I would greatly appreciate any help you all can offer.

thanks in advance

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long had the viper been sitting before you took it for a cruise?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year Viper?

Try disconnecting the positive terminal at the Battery and going to ground [metal] with it. Then reconnect the terminal. The Controllers [computers] will start over [default].

OP
OP
B

Baddasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for all your response. My friend figured out the problem. It was the MSD Boost Regard that went bad. He hook it back up to factory and it started right back up. I'm not sure why it went bad though. It's been on the car for less then 2000 miles.

I really appreciate all your help.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool,

Next time though you may want to let everyone know exactly what your cars mods are. If you had mentioned any aftermarket ignition product in your initial post, almost everyone would have told you that was probably your culprit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas