Help with buying a '97 RT/10

Greg W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Help with buying a \'97 RT/10

A little help please,

I'm helping a friend with the purchase of a '97 RT/10. One car we've found has 11,000 miles on it. I've seen photos of it, the hood is smooth with no the scoop or duct. I thought all Gen II's had the hood duct? Maybe it was just the GTS models. I definitely don't want a car with a after-market Gen I hood.

What would be a fair price for the car, if it is in great shape as advertized? I know Gen I prices better than Gen II. Also, did most Gen II RT/10's come with a hard top? I imagine it was a factory option at the time.

Thanks for any input.

Greg W

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Help with buying a \'97 RT/10

The '97s had smooth hoods (the RT got the GTS hoods with ducts and louvres starting in the '98 model year). Hardtops were an option.
The key question to ask regarding the price is whether your friend wants blue with white (these are very rare cars) or red. The blue with white is worth considerably more.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

check the thread on purchasing a 98 RT/10 there is a "Viper checklist" that will be of help to anyone looking for a used Viper

OP
OP
G

Greg W

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. There weren't any 'special' problems/recalls with '97's that anyone knows of?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

998 update for 98 (my 98 had it done) and maybe earlier, someone will chime in