Help with Cat Delete Codes (420 & 430) 0n Gen. IV

Viper0062

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just had K&N Typhoon intake installed few weeks back. Just last week had Belanger cat back exhaust system installed. First day Viper was very loud and had lot of fuel pop after letting of throttle. Check engine light came on in first 24 hours (Code 420 & 430). Had them reset and tone changed and less popping for next 48 hours. Reset Codes for second time (Code 420 only), I was thinking that the PCM would remap. Several days have passed and Viper seems it is running much better with less popping. Today I had to turn off Code 420 again. I was thinking that the Viper seems to be improving and it would remap and I may not have to add another PCM for mods.? Has anybody been
down this road and have any suggestions? Also I have put several hundred miles on since exhaust upgrade.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your best bet is to change to the Mopar Performance Controller. It has a calibration that works well without cats and the check engine light will not come on.

OP
OP
V

Viper0062

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, i will bite the bullet and purchase on Tues. I had purchased for other Gen.IV and looks like another one in my future. It just seemed that the PCM was trying to remap,
but I do hate that skip shift.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960