Hemmings update on Viper sale

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hemmings reports in he June edition of Muscle Machines.MJ Acquisitions,the owner's of Saleen Inc. are slated to bid on Chrysler's sale of the Viper division.At the same time,though MJ Acquisitions has disbanded Saleen,leaving owner's who purchased Saleen models before Feb of this year out in the cold;they claim they are not liable for items made by the former owners and will not honor any warranty claims.Even brand new unsold 2008 and 2009only get basic warranty.At presstime Steve Saleen himself was warranting all Saleen components and cars sold before Feb 09 under his new company SMS.Even though the SMS570 and the SMS570X are Dodge Challengers,Saleen wants customers who have bought a Saleen product in the past to receive the attention and care they and the Saleen products deserve.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As soon as I saw Saleen was purchased and then disbanded, I couldn't help but remember the tour of VOIX. During the tour, I stopped and read a memo from management to the workers posted on a bulletin board. It assured all that the rumor that Saleen was going to be sold was completely untrue. It said that Saleen was completely solid and was not only not going to be sold, but was looking to expand.

So much for assurances from management.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If MJ acquires Viper, and if they void all the warranties, I wonder if the warranty guarantee plan offered up by the President will be offered to us.
Seeing that we must all be rich and we drive 600hp planet destroying mega-polluters, I wouldn't be suprised if he finds a way to weasel out of it:smirk:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'Management' has a vested interest in deceiving the workers...keeping them on the job at all costs. Like they are going to go anywhere? Where? Honda?

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If MJ acquires Viper, and if they void all the warranties, I wonder if the warranty guarantee plan offered up by the President will be offered to us.
Seeing that we must all be rich and we drive 600hp planet destroying mega-polluters, I wouldn't be suprised if he finds a way to weasel out of it:smirk:

Shame,Shame on you "planet destroying mega-polluters"!!!!

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow... there will be many ********** Viper owners in a close knit Viper community. Not sure this would be a wise strategy to void all warranties.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shame,Shame on you "planet destroying mega-polluters"!!!!

When he calls us all out directly in a public speach like he did to the "dastardly" Chrysler Bond holdouts clinging to their outdated legal standards, then we will have finally attained some real status :lmao:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said and true, not just at Saleen.

And not just in the U.S. either... did a part-time job once at a warehouse where management sucked so bad that I left the place after only a short while.
Which does not say that management is bad EVERYWHERE, I'm just saying...

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When he calls us all out directly in a public speach like he did to the "dastardly" Chrysler Bond holdouts clinging to their outdated legal standards, then we will have finally attained some real status :lmao:

Someone say dastardly?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLSIU9BG41U&feature=PlayList&p=ED8DBCBDDCFAC058&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=80[/media]

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No worries on warranties, this is a major manufacturer and not a secondary one -- they will all be honored. No different than when the Prowler was done, even if the company gets sold consumers will be protected in this area.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The warranties will only be honored by Obama if the car is converted to a Hybrid. The money saved will be used to bail out that Democratic state that we all know as California.

Ron

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you are correct, Bill. However, when the Prowler ended Chrysler was a viable corporation. Now, warranties will have to be guaranteed by the full faith of the U.S. government should MJ (or who ever) manage to escape any obligation.
I find it difficult to understand the logic that MJ would dismantle the Viper brand should they become the new owner. Unless you need to declare a loss for tax purposes why would they want to make the purchase. Perhaps it was a poor management decision in the case of Saleen or they were simply cutting their losses. The Viper is an established brand with a strong following and dealer network which is something that the Saleen lacked. I don't think that a new owner would dash his chances for sucess by trashing either.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries on warranties, this is a major manufacturer and not a secondary one -- they will all be honored. No different than when the Prowler was done, even if the company gets sold consumers will be protected in this area.

Can FIAT really be trusted???????????????????????????????????

Only if they take care of all of the trust dealers to include TATOR'S DODGE!!!!!!!!!

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a news report this AM that said that Fiat is having second thoughts about the deal. There is concern about the positive assets (or lack there of) in the Chrysler organization. If Fiat backs out, I would bet that the U.S. government (a.k.a. taxpayers) will become the white knight and rescue the company. Obama and Co. have a lot of paybacks to cover and the UAW is a major player that will get it's palm greased.
Stay tuned, this deal isn't done yet.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's wrong? You don't think a $150,000 salary is fair for mindless assembly line labor?[/quo

It is safe to assume that the average manager at any of the automakers makes at lease as much as a union employee. They are paid to make decisions that dictate the financial future of the company, not the employees.

Ford made tough decisions a few years back to improve it's balance sheet and now they are outperforming their peers. I attribute this to sound upper management decisions that Chrysler and GM could have also done. Chysler was in trouble during the height of the buying period 4-5yrs ago and had to sell to Daimler, remember that. My belief is that GM and Chrysler are victims of the short sightedness of upper management decisionmaking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang