Heritage vs Fast, Faster, and Fastest

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my wifes blue convertible C7 Corvette about 2 months ago. Then I went back to order the C7 Z06 black on black for me......but just couldn't do it. The Gen V just looks like a work of Michealangelo going down the street like an artwork of mechanical sex, beauty, force and presence. Off the showroom floor the Gen 5 is easily the baddest ***** in the game from the looks perspective, but rather anemic in the performance area in drag race competition.

But the car is still ****ing awesome. There is already talk of major heat soak issues in the new Z06. But once you are a Viper guy everything else just seems rather childish and insignificant as far as sports cars go.

I want a car that's fast....I want a car thats faster than most.....and I want a car that's' fastest in my city. And the weird thing about the Gen V Vipers lack of stellar sales means the car is just that much more rare. My wife and I have actually NEVER seen a Gen V in person...and that's a good thing.

The Viper culture is unique in and of itself and the Dodge heritage is simply too strong...comprised of guys that are just hard hitters and go getters....a culture that doesn't apologize for their views and attacks everything they do with total belief and effort. That mindset is unique and totally absent in every other car club I have met. So leaving Viper is really leaving the Viper culture....which quite frankly I just find almost impossible to do. I can't imagine a group of in the Viper Club that I damn near disagree with more...but I also cannot imagine a group of guys that also are better men and better friends.

A stock Gen 5 is practicably a joke on public roads sports car-wise in a roll on or drag race...but a slightly tuned Gen 5 is a nightmare to damn near anything out there. I think I'm gonna have to stay home with Viper and just ride it out....the good times and the not so good times....its still a Viper. And Viper people are still Viper people. And thats a perfect marriage to a small group of folks who totally over perform their expectations in life/business and who drives a car that over-performs in damn near every arena.

The C7 Z06 is a really badass ride....but I think a slightly tuned Viper will leave the Z06 in the dust....so that means I need to come on back home. So I need to take a feather from Bob Pantax's hat and throw out reason and ignore facts....and just pick a side and go all in lol.

Ill be back guys...and I will be back with a Gen 5 Viper thats not only fast, it will probably be faster than yours, and will most likey be the fastest car you will ever get the chance to cruise with regularly lol. :headbang:

I'm coming..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw

EdwardETraylorIII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
black mamba,

If you actually want to back up your claim, "being back with a Gen V Viper that's faster than yours", then you should probably get in touch with myelf or Toddy at BBG once you own a Gen V... Else, those will be empty words.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the OP's post. The big difference between the stock Gen V and the Z06 is more about if you want to be known for being fastest for a few seconds or for 20 minutes at a time. The Viper engineers seem to have chosen wisely, IMHO.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my wifes blue convertible C7 Corvette about 2 months ago. Then I went back to order the C7 Z06 black on black for me......but just couldn't do it. The Gen V just looks like a work of Michealangelo going down the street like an artwork of mechanical sex, beauty, force and presence. Off the showroom floor the Gen 5 is easily the baddest ***** in the game from the looks perspective, but rather anemic in the performance area in drag race competition.

But the car is still ****ing awesome. There is already talk of major heat soak issues in the new Z06. But once you are a Viper guy everything else just seems rather childish and insignificant as far as sports cars go.

I want a car that's fast....I want a car thats faster than most.....and I want a car that's' fastest in my city. And the weird thing about the Gen V Vipers lack of stellar sales means the car is just that much more rare. My wife and I have actually NEVER seen a Gen V in person...and that's a good thing.

The Viper culture is unique in and of itself and the Dodge heritage is simply too strong...comprised of guys that are just hard hitters and go getters....a culture that doesn't apologize for their views and attacks everything they do with total belief and effort. That mindset is unique and totally absent in every other car club I have met. So leaving Viper is really leaving the Viper culture....which quite frankly I just find almost impossible to do. I can't imagine a group of in the Viper Club that I damn near disagree with more...but I also cannot imagine a group of guys that also are better men and better friends.

A stock Gen 5 is practicably a joke on public roads sports car-wise in a roll on or drag race...but a slightly tuned Gen 5 is a nightmare to damn near anything out there. I think I'm gonna have to stay home with Viper and just ride it out....the good times and the not so good times....its still a Viper. And Viper people are still Viper people. And thats a perfect marriage to a small group of folks who totally over perform their expectations in life/business and who drives a car that over-performs in damn near every arena.

The C7 Z06 is a really badass ride....but I think a slightly tuned Viper will leave the Z06 in the dust....so that means I need to come on back home. So I need to take a feather from Bob Pantax's hat and throw out reason and ignore facts....and just pick a side and go all in lol.

Ill be back guys...and I will be back with a Gen 5 Viper thats not only fast, it will probably be faster than yours, and will most likey be the fastest car you will ever get the chance to cruise with regularly lol. :headbang:

I'm coming..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw

Drunk posting....gotta love it.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets not forget how useless of a troll black mamba1 is

Told ya.

Check my posts as far back as a year and a half ago. I told you this new Z06 would run sub 3's 0-60 and sub 11's in the quarter mile. I also told ya the Gen 5 was doomed as soon as its performance numbers were released. Dodge might as well cancel the 2015 Gen 5's altogether.

If Dodge doesn't release a supercharged/turbocharged Viper with an automatic option, you have just seen the last generation of Vipers to ever be built.

I sure hope Dodge has good things for the Viper. They did a kick ass job with the Hellcat Challenger, and while my wife really wants the new Vette, I kinda feel like I'm switching from being an American to being a Russian if I actually do go to the dark side and buy a Vette for myself. I love the way the new Vette looks and the performance is killer...and that's stock. Minor mods and you are running mid to low 10's in that Z. That's approaching Aventador and Bugatti territory.

Nobody gives a **** about Dodge Viper numbers on a race track with some souped up race track Viper. Hell you can build a souped up race track Mitsubishi or Subaru that can kick most stock sports cars ass....nobody gives a rats ass about that. The only thing sports car guys give a **** about in general (not the head in a hole in the ground purists) is when I am at a red light with my wife and a Nissan GT-R (that Johnny Manziel just bought) pulls up besides me...will I be a man or made to look like a mouse when the light turns green. That's a guy thing...a testosterone thing...and Porshce, NIssan, Lamborghini, and even GM gets that. And Dodge gets it too, that's why they built the Hellcat. But unfortunately the guys who built both the Gen 4 and the Gen 5 Vipers didn't get that.

And Bob, my dear good friend, while you may disagree with my positions both politically and on the Viper....the bottom line is going all the way back to 2008 my predictions about the winner of the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections were spot on....and so were my predictions about the Viper and about the Vette. We can go back and forth on opinions all we want...but as an attorney you definitely know that we cannot go back and forth on the FACTS.:D

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears that he has been living under a rock and hasn't seen the Gen V vs. 2015 Z06 roll race videos floating around the web:D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Its interesting, I was recently was at an event with several of the SRT engineers, Dick Winkles, Mike Trost, Paul Berger and Paul Mackiewitz. They mentioned that when they were track testing the Gen 5 Viper they rented a new ZO6 to test as well.

They wanted to see how well the transmission and differential coolers did on the Corvette, as the Viper has none. Unfortunatey, they never found out as the Corvette would overheat and loose its brakes after 6.5 laps!

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its interesting, I was recently was at an event with several of the SRT engineers, Dick Winkles, Mike Trost, Paul Berger and Paul Mackiewitz. They mentioned that when they were track testing the Gen 5 Viper they rented a new ZO6 to test as well.

They wanted to see how well the transmission and differential coolers did on the Corvette, as the Viper has none. Unfortunatey, they never found out as the Corvette would overheat and loose its brakes after 6.5 laps!

Boom........
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-22tna7KHzI

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ouch. What is Chevy going to do if a G5 ACR comes calling and the Z06 can't even keep up with the TA for a full stint because this or that? The ZR1 seemed to be have built to a better standard and was lighter despite similar characteristics. They should have left the Z06 lightweight and NA eventhough its not heatsoak thats killing its power. The Z06 Carbon Package of the C6 gen could have been a great starting point for the C7 Z06 imho.

Or maybe the restrictive tune simply done as a way of ensuring 10/100k miles warranty? Who else warranties a mostly track focused street car for that much years and mileage? Great marketing angle. But to make it that long it seems maybe they shackle it a bit from factory hence the blurb that owners will have to get the aftermarket to alter the tune to get the most out of the package with the caveat of voiding the warranty. So you know most guys will do the tune because they want the power but then the warranty is void so thats a win for Chevy. But that only explains the lack of full power. Whats the deal with the brakes failing to last more that 6.5 laps?

These guys are hilarious btw talking about the Z06 vs Viper:
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28303618

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62