Hertz to start renting Vipers

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is rather odd considering rental cars tend to be automatics, including Corvettes ZHZ that came only in auto. Hopefully this will not be like with ZHZ which certainly did not help with values of used Corvettes.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If that's the case, then I'm going to buy out the remaining stock of OE clutch assemblies and will sell them at 300% markup.

Last edited:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think it's possible to swap a Gen 5 motor into a Gen 4 Viper and vice a versa in one weekend?.....:smirk:

Enterprise Rental car has an exotic car division that I've used in the past and they had some high hp cars available but all with paddle shifters.....didn't seem to be too much of an issue but they do verify that your personal car insurance is capable of covering any "issues".

Cheers,
George

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And for the real sports car enthusiast, it must be noted that all of the cars in Hertz's Dream Car collection are automatic transmissions -- no standards available.
Says so in the article....maybe they will be building specialty Vipers with Automatic/Semimanual Gearboxes.....could be a nice way of testing its effectiveness for long term use if this is the case.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I shan't buy another Viper if they start making automatics, there is already Corvette to cover this part.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you book a Viper from Hertz, you'll get an email notice from Chrysler telling when your rental car has gone into "Production Scheduled" status.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Lulubelle, my '66 Hertz Rent-a-Racer

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I did see this in 2009 on the Greek island of Crete :D Sadly no Vipers were available for hire, but I did ask! :D

greece_2009_supercar_meet_aug_9_2009_065.JPG

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a rental rate starting at $1,500 - $2,700 per day I'm sure the collision rate will be minimized. Not exactly the rent a racer rates of the past.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rented a '96 in Vegas way back in like '00. fake ID's and all. man that was fun and man was I young a dumb.

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are a bunch of companies that rent high end exotics all the time. This is no different-its just a bigger company doing it and they are only putting it at selective locations...35 across NA to start. i highly doubt this will have any impact on the market of SRT Vipers, Ferrari's, tesla, etc...

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Friend of our's owns a Corvette rental store [all automatics] and has tried a few Vipers to rent over the years. Nearly always the Vipers were returned with bent or bruised wheels from bouncing off the curbs, so the down time away for repair ate into future $499 rental days. The decision was made to forego using Vipers to rent.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On our Honeymoon in Maui back in '96 I rented a Viper for 24 hours. Back then, no car had traction control, you were just expected to know how to drive.

That said, when I got it sideways on a patch of ice on the top of Haleakala crater it scared the crap out of my wife. When I told my new bride not to worry, I did it on purpose, I almost ended up divorced on my honeymoon!

Now, nearly 18 years later, whenever I get aggressive in the recently acquired Viper, I get "the look".

~Jay

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in vegas a couple years ago and my wife and I were walking up and down the strip.

We walked past a place that rented exotics and the guy out front sees me slowing down to eyeball the yellow 03 vert they had out front. He looks at my wife and says "I bet you guys never drove a car like this before! Come in so we can rent it to you for the day"

My wife looks back and him and says "We have a red one at home and I don't even want to go for a ride, what makes you think we'd pay to drive yours?"

I laughed a little inside.

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh you will NOT have to wait for a renter to get a salvage car. There are many new Viper owners each year that never even make it home without destroying their new toy the day they buy it.:nono:

I'm waiting patiently only this one will be really expensive to fix

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456