Hogan SRT-10 crash video

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I made a refferance to it in another post - and via the search, I don't think it's been posted on here. I thought I would post up the Nick Hogan SRT-10 crash video.

Crash video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GINeKahrFt0

After crash interview:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D9czJD-yXyQ

Apparently from what I read on other sites, he's learning directly from Sam Hubinette. Everything I read made it sound like he's actually doing well at drifting, and that this was just an "off night" for him. I wouldn't know - just going off what I read on other sites. Either way, looks like he stuffed the wall pretty good with the front end.

Discuss.....

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's got the green and the name Hogan to pursue this passion. Good for him and good for the attraction of the eyeballs that will check it out because of his name.

When it comes to driving, drifting or racing the Viper he's got a long way to go. Maybe he's skeered of the Vipers power?

What's his experience in racing etc, before he got involved in this gig?

Hulk says fix the front fascia Nick :buttkick:

OP
OP
T

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats not a Comp Coupe.

From what I read - the Forumla D banned the Viper Competition Coupe after Sam Hubinette dominated a full season with it. So they ( Team Mopar )replaced the Drift Competition Coupe with street legal SRT-10's.

I'm just going off what I read via internet research, so please correct me if you have first hand information. :)

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure seems like Dodge is over the Viper, they take a great driver out of the Viper to promote the Charger. I guess it's all about marketing. The Viper surely doesn't sell Chargers and drifting doesn't sell Vipers. Almost seems like they should just pull the Viper from drifting, rather than degrade it's image to the Charger. JMO

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This crap really gets on my nerves...

Let's take a big name and put him in a $120k car so he can wreck it..

Doesn't this kid have anything else better do, like be in band..like every other rich ****.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't this kid have anything else better do, like be in band..like every other rich ****.

That is his sister's job..... :rolleyes:

41631285873_IMG_2472-med.jpg

Could you imagine being a kid with parents $$$$, and they let you pursue anything you want! LUCKY!

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chillout everyone... at least he's doing something other than getting addicted to coke or prescription drugs like other celebrity children. He seemes to know what hes talking about and seemed to like what hes doing. Hes using his $$$ for something cool like cars rather than million dollar diamond watches. Lots of kids have that dream to be a racer. Lay off the Hateraid.

Nico

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chillout everyone... at least he's doing something other than getting addicted to coke or prescription drugs like other celebrity children. He seemes to know what hes talking about and seemed to like what hes doing. Hes using his $$$ for something cool like cars rather than million dollar diamond watches. Lots of kids have that dream to be a racer. Lay off the Hateraid.

Nico

LOL

Or making a reality show:)

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He really needs to polish his interview skills. He's worse than JPM in a press conference!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"He loves drifting, and he's not going to give it up"----Damn, he needs to drift a HONDA then! He looked absolutely like a ROOKIE, and the interviewer did too. Boo... Hiss....

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Corvette wins 5 of the last 6 GT1 division championships at Le Mans , against serious sportscars such as Ferrari, Aston Martin, and Jaguar, but the Viper is out drifting, with no racing presence to speak of, except SWCGT, but thats domestic stuff, with no global outreach. What happened to the good ole days of Vipers kickin it on the tracks of the world?

Even Kimi Raikonnen gives better interviews! Ok, that was harsh. I clam up in front of a crowd, and so can't throw stones.

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was a racing incident and alot of guys with more experience than him have put cars into the walls.
I hope he does great and he has always wanted to be a race car driver. I do not understand why people have something against him simply because he has a famous dad....

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not his dad, not the fact he's rich (well sorta), but who does such a stupid thing as to hop in a viper, total it and call it a day? If Sam taught the kid to drift I gaurentee it would have been alot better than that.

It just doesn't make any sense what so ever to just hop into professional drifting with very little expirence like that. At least get an old hunk of junk RWD car and practice in a parking lot.

If you want to be good at something, work at it like everyone else.

BTW something isn't right with that video. The viper depicted is the current one Sam is using. The track is clearly Irwindale Speedway in California. That's round 6, the final, of Formula D. How could he be quailfying?

AxlRoseViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In their defense, his kids seem really well raised and have a good head on their shoulders, which is saying a lot for ANY YOUTH today...especially those with a famous dad. So what if he is using his dad's name to further his career...like any of us wouldn't do the same thing in his situation.

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now that wasn't so bad looking. Seemed like he was a little pissed and drove it like he stole it :cool:

His reactions are still a little slow in the transitions and he needs to carry the momentum better while keeping the tires smoked up. I'm sure he's going to improve.

I don't know that much about drifting. I guess it keeps the Viper in front of a younger crowd that will grow up to eventually afford one :usa:

Grassroots Road racing in a Viper during the days when the GTSR's dominated was a connection that should be brought back once again :2tu: