Holiday Mods- Get rid of that ugly rear end view

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Back at VOI9 I saw a black SRT-10 with the rear fascia filled in. It looked great so I asked the owner where he got it. He said that it was the
cheapest mod on his car. It cost less than $6 at Home depot. He used an aluminum gutter guard. He cut it to size and used some plastic ties
to hold it in place. I bought the gutter guard, painted it flat black and then installed in less than 30 min. I think it worked out great.
What do you guys think?

You must be registered for see images attach

The "before". You just see too much at certain view points.

You need to drill two small holes in the upper and two in the lower on each side.

The lower holes were placed just behind the diffuser tab so it is totally hidden from view.

The upper zip ties are easy, the lower zipties go through the hole drilled behind the diffuser tab and the hole for the diffuser tab itself
(there is plenty of room) and snakes around the support bar. When tightened, the gutter gard is held in very tight.

From a low view point, it covers the rear end nicely.

From a normal view point when walking around the car, it looks great and realy finishes the look.

:usa:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We personally would rather NOT have all the mechanicals showing, BUT would not 'hide' them either...we prefer the air getting in and out, but yeah, driving behind it, we agree the car would look better withOUT seeing everything that's underneath!! ~juli~
(Nader--with your Mamba, don't you have diffusers that DON'T show all your 'stuff'??)

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wondering if wind and vibration will eventually pop those things. I do like the look.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A very interesting idea, one of which I have been contemplating for the front of the SRT grill as I am always cleaning out leaves and other debris from the front radiator opening. I know that a metal mesh is made for the RT Vipers but does anyone know of anything for the SRT Vipers that has large enough holes in it so as not to cut down on the airflow needed for cooling these beasts?

Robbie

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the idea but I just don;t like the idea of drilling any holes into the body work. I would hope there would be a better way to put them in place.

Nice look though!!
Patrick

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950