Holly freakin wheelhop Batman!!

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 Supercharged Copperhead.
The wheel hop on this thing is atrocious!! I know that my old crappy tires have alto to do with it.
My question is what tires are BEST for getting rid of wheel hop, I don't care if they are breaking loose at 85 (and they have:omg:) I just don't want the hop!!
Also is there any other remedies to this that may include suspension or alignment? :dunno:

Reaction score
what do the motor and trans mounts cost to do?

The Woodhouse motor mounts are $249 and the trans mount is $40. What they do is stop the oscillating of the motor on the rubber mounts and thus the spring action through the diff and to the tires causing the hop. The throttle response is great because you feel more connected to the car. There is more vibration but most of the 500+ customers love them and would never go back.

Thanks,
Mark

OP
OP
C

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will putting the more solid motor mounts on a supercharged car place to much stress on the block?
What would be a good choice for shocks?
I am new to SRT cars :)

Thanks!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan Cragin had post that on the Gen III, he saw blocks being warped. Not on any of the Gen I/II that used the Polys, just on the Gen IIIs.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get some good tires, Nitto Invo or Pilot sports, that should cut down the wheel hop. How is that S/C beast you stole from me :D :D

Reaction score
Will putting the more solid motor mounts on a supercharged car place to much stress on the block?
What would be a good choice for shocks?
I am new to SRT cars :)

Thanks!!

The case Dan was referring to used solid mounts not ours. The race teams all use the and most of the VRL guys also. We have about 40 S/C gen3 cars out there and have never had an issue. If you search the forums you will be more than re assured about the benefits and the trouble free use. These are NOT the cheap poly mounts people have had issue with.

We only sell the Moton Clubsport shock for the reliability and ride quality. If you search this also you will see we are the largest Viper Moton seller there is. I do more than 50 sets a year.

Thanks,
Mark

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
WheelHop Fixes

I just bought a 2005 Supercharged Copperhead.
The wheel hop on this thing is atrocious!! I know that my old crappy tires have alto to do with it. My question is what tires are BEST for getting rid of wheel hop, I don't care if they are breaking loose at 85 (and they have) I just don't want the hop!!
Also is there any other remedies to this that may include suspension or alignment? .......

Clint:
Tires are a 50% solution: Kumhos under $1250. PS2 under $1650. Sport Cups Under $1900
Stiffer Motor and trans mounts will stop some of that oscillation as well.
Eibachs alone can help, so can spring caps: Lowering the car can help, due to the lower CG mitigates the oscillations.
If you are a frequent track guy, Motons are the better choice.
If you are an occasional tracker, some drags, the KW V2 adjustable coilovers at under $3100 complete and assembled is a STEAL. Alignment should not be a wheel hop issue.....but you will have to align the car after lowering

{The wheels dont hop in SNOW do they?}

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also take the time to check out and see that every bolt in your rear suspension and rear end is snug.

Cheap and easy fix if is the problem.

I had a Paxton 03 and that thing would spin the tires forever, once I got them going, but never a hop.

Hops break all sorts of things, so best of success in tracking down the cause.

OP
OP
C

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Paul!
I will give it a god look.
I would think most of my problem is the tires, we will see.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tires will help some but shocks will help more. Also out motor and trans mounts will eliminate a large portion of this.

Do I have to worry about the mentioned tire, shocks, and trans mount on my 2009 ACR? or is it OK the way dodge built it?
YOUR new Viper is AWESOME.....:2tu:

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say get the Woodhouse mounts. I know we have different Generations, but once I did the motor and trans mounts my wheel hop all but disappeared.

Reaction score
Do I have to worry about the mentioned tire, shocks, and trans mount on my 2009 ACR? or is it OK the way dodge built it?
YOUR new Viper is AWESOME.....:2tu:

Thanks I'm really enjoying it. We have been doing the ACRs also and they too need the mounts, the shocks are fine though. :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456