1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home buglarized

Discussion in 'General Viper Discussion' started by MtnBiker, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Roysviper

Roysviper Enthusiast

Ha , Our little YORKIE would lick them to death and if she could she would probably help them load the stuff up, ha....sorry for your loss of personal property...they need to turn skum bags like that over to the victim.....I learned that word when I was in the Marines, ha

OTE=MtnBiker;3148538]Thanks to all here for your kind wishes and thoughts. My wife and I are fine. Just pissed as you can imagine. But life goes on. I will take much of the great advice here to use. I will call pawn shops for the coins. I will hide the car keys so that they can't be found, I will secure ALL doors and windows. Not sure I can bulk up like Hoboken (stay lean for cycling :)) Still not sure about the big dog (the large poop thing). Funny thing is we have a small dog who is useless. He was out walking around while they were slamming my safe.[/QUOTE]

2. ViperTony

ViperTony Enthusiast

That's messed up. :omg:

3. eucharistos

eucharistos Enthusiast

good thing they didn't take a dump in the living room

(happens all the time btw)

4. Canadian Snake

Canadian Snake Enthusiast

Noting worse than a thief.... Sorry to hear about your trouble.

5. Next Phase

Next Phase Enthusiast

First off, sorry to hear about your recent burglary.

Dogs deter thieves more than alarm systems... I have my dogs set up by the sliding door in the back.

I keep my guns throughout three safes in my house and keep my car keys in them. I'd love to see someone try to steal my big safe. I had a bitch of a time getting it in the house. I honestly could care less if anything in the house is taken, that is what insurance is for. It's more about peace of mind and security for my family. If someone breaks in while we are gone is one thing, but if someone tries to pull a home invasion - make sure y'all have some protection close by.

6. Timnineside

Timnineside Enthusiast

Doberman, and Birds. Birds to talk so it sounds as if someone is home, Dog to chase them down just in case. In all seriousness I had a rental property (In a less then perfect area) get broken into. The dog has been in the home a few times before, however this time she knew something was different. The hair was up her back, ears up and just stomped all around the house. I have no idea what she would have done if she found someone in the house, but to be honest I don't think they would have left alive. She does great with people and our new baby, but when it comes time to do work she's tough!

Good Luck with everything!

View attachment 24736

7. Steve M

Steve M Enthusiast

Doberman: check

[​IMG]

8. Roysviper

Roysviper Enthusiast

Best dogs we ever had was Dobermans........

OTE=Steve M;3148774]Doberman: check

[​IMG][/QUOTE]