How do you quite down a 3 inch exhaust?

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They may come back in fashion Joe. Not sure how bad it is there yet - but a law is now before our politicians that if passed will mean a car has to be as quiet as it is when stock!

This law will cause widespread civil disobedience... if necessary we'll just have one end pipe for getting tested and one for when we get home - it's nuts!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will drive up and down your sreet a couple of times.Everyone will think you car is quiet.Cdi headers,to straight pipe(no cats) to 3" corsa.Sounds like Lemans while on song. Bruce

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I had a Viper, I would want it to be as loud as I could make it. When I was at the Viper meeting this past weekend, every Viper there was LOUD! I loved the loud rumbles and popping that they made. I could hear all of the from atleast a mile away or more.

Austin

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, this is what i think would be pretty cool. have side exhaust AND rear. have no mufflers before the side exit, and then get eletric exhaust cut it. then after the cutout (the cutout would exit at the same place as Gen1 side exhaust), but when closed, it would force all the exhaust to go to the rear, where it would run into the mufflers from hell to keep her quiet. no idea if this is even possible. but this is the system i would be talking about, watch some of the movies to get a better understanding..

http://www.buickgn.com/electricexhaustcutout.htm

3 inch 488 cubic inches left to breeeeath :-D

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sell your Viper, and buy a Honda Accord. That way, everybody will be happy - EXCEPT YOU! It's YOUR car - set it up the way YOU want. Noise is in the ear of the beholder. My car is so freakin' loud that people run for cover when they hear it. That's the way I like it. I didn't buy my car to please anybody but me. Good luck!

OP
OP
J

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fixed it! fixed it ! fixed it!!!
:) :) :) :) :)

The roe vec1 with settings of +4 -8
It makes the sound much, much better, deeper but not louder.
now i can leave the exhaust alone....

SWEET!!

OP
OP
J

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update:

I had my stock cats reinstalled .
the car is now quite enough to enjoy again.
the random tech substrates are just too loud for the RT/10
IMHO.

live and learn. I love my B&B cat though..sound much better than my snakeoly subexhaust.