how do you remove Armor All, and the smell of the previous owner?

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know many people like the shiny look of Armor All on the interior, but I prefer more of a showroom new, clean look.

What is that best way to remove that Armor All build up inside the car?

Also, there is a smell inside the car that kind of reminds me of when I drive my dad's car. It's not that it sinks per say, it's more like a mix of his cologne, and her perfume. What is the best way to neutralize the smell? I don't want to cover it up with another smell.

thanks,
~Jay

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man I remember a cobra I had years ago, the stick shift had an "old spice" smell to it that I could not get rid of, guess it was just soaked in, I eventually got used to it. If the smell isn't saturated to something like that then you can use an ion type spray they use in hospitals that works well, also set a can of coffee grounds in there with the top off that works wonders, good luck.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Denatured alcohol will remove the Armorall. Not isopropyl (sp). This may leave a dull finish. I have a product from MOPAR called Satin Select. It leaves a clean flat factory finish.

Check for colorfastness on a hidden part before using the denatured alcohol, it may not be suitable for all plastic or painted surfaces.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we bought my wife's Super Bee SRT-8 the dealer loaded it up with armor all. To remedy that I used Adam's leather and interior cleaner (a couple of times) followed by Adam's leather conditioner to help soften and restore the leather.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many interior cleaners will work. I have just started using Adams In&out spray. Definitely worth a try
Like the satin look it gives

OP
OP
J

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice here. I'm reminded of a Corvette for sale on the corvetteforum. The owner pointed out that he had never farted in the car.

So when looking for a used car there are 3 things to consider:
1. Non-smoker
2. no Old Spice users
3. non-farters

Did I leave anything out? ... oh.. almost forgot, kick the tires.

~Jay

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A trick I've heard from some pro detailers were autoglym interior cleaner mixed with some Meguiar’s Odor Eliminator. I know the autoglym works awesome as I 've used it on my cars and some clients as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62