How many Comp Coupes and where are they?

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering how many cc's were produced? I thought the number was going to be around 100. I am sure a few will never make it out of a collector's garage. Is there any possibility of making one street legal like one of the old Hemi's? Do they have VIN's like other cars?

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be off by a car or two, but here's the deal. There are 36 cars that are being built in the first run. There will be a second run of about 35 cars and then a break before the final run of I'm not sure how many cars. I'd guess that PVO will build as many cars as they have orders for. Clearly, the first people to get the cars are the guys who are going to race them and Dodge knows who they are. The garage queens will go to people at the very end of the run.

The cars are fairly difficult to make street legal. They do not have cats and their cams and computers are set up for no emmissions requirements. They also don't have airbags, headlights, turn signals, among other things. It's too impractical to try to make these cars street legal (no VIN numbers either). There may be some guys who sneak their cars onto the street for a quick ride around the block but I wouldn't know anything about that.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are approximately around 10 out at the present, with a few more coming very soon, and the pricing is going up for those in the second group.
There is very likely another price increase for the third group. The car is a bargain for those that want to race, as it is a very serious piece ( with air jacks
even available as an option. The question of streetability is mute though, as the cars are not even numbered, have no titles, no VINs, and were never
crash tested. To make it street legal would be beyond belief, and is virtually impossible. Those that have GT-1s will also find new markets, as they will
be able to race next to the Comp Coupes ( though they won't be as fast ), and this will eventually give huge fields for Viper Days, and it opens
tremendous avenues for support races --- say CART, NASCAR, American LeMans Series, Grand Am, etc.

Reaction score
Seven were at Thunderhill this weekend attending the Brian Angen Memorial(Friday) and ViperDays(Sat and Sunday).

Three day at Thunderhill with full track side support from the Archer's, is pretty hard to top.

Watching the CC's race Sunday was as exciting as watching ORECA race in the ALMS. Viper owners and race fans who missed this event, missed a First Class Racing Event.

The CC's were beautiful.
When I saw the CC introduced at Monterey I thought that car was awesome. PVO had a CC there with Tommy Archer for testing. Compare it to the Cars of Woodhouse, Foster, Parise, Lashinsky, McCann's 2 CC's (sp?) and the Stealth CC of the race winner it comes in last. The winner will be posted on the Viper Days site. To see the pictures go to the Viper Competition Coupe Discussion/Photos. Anyone want to guess who won the race?

And the winner was? A very nice gentleman from California.

The Viper Days program was well organized, as usual. The track activity was excellent and the social aspect wonderful.