How many drive 'bone stock' Vipers?

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.....I have driven highly modified Vipers of all generations.....owned modified of all generations..... still own one modified Viper but the others are 100% stock drivetrains

02 ACR - mods
02 ACR FE - stock
03 SRT - stock
06 Cpe - stock

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 for Phil's question.

I believe they are twelve inch. I have a Forgeline set and a Purner set and I think they are the same width.

I run stock rims on the street but you could run the wider rim if you wanted.

Thanks for the info guys!:)

Sounds like 18x11.5 might be the sweet spot for the front track rims.

Vypr Phil

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys!:)

Sounds like 18x11.5 might be the sweet spot for the front track rims.

Vypr Phil
I think most guys run Forgeline, available in 18x11 and 18x13. I run BBS LM's, avail in same sizes. The 315 will bulge out a bit in the front, but they run great, no prob. That also keeps your rims from getting buggered up when they fall over or something during tire changes. There are lots of wheels out there that break with slicks, so be careful what you buy if you are looking for a track wheel. :2tu:

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bone stock here even the original air filter LOL ,its nice ,I am fortunate to have other cars to go reall fast feel more HP.My BABY is jst fine for crusin with my extended Viper family

Russ

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine remains stock - only area I may upgrade is the brakes once the originals require replacement. The local viper tech made that as the one and only upgrade suggestion based on the way I treat and drive the car. :drive:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock here except for Khumos and K&N's. Any performance mods to the car would surely result in a traffic ticket. As a matter of preference I will keep it stock appearing too. However, I love what some Vipers turn out like with the right mods.

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most guys run Forgeline, available in 18x11 and 18x13. I run BBS LM's, avail in same sizes. The 315 will bulge out a bit in the front, but they run great, no prob. That also keeps your rims from getting buggered up when they fall over or something during tire changes. There are lots of wheels out there that break with slicks, so be careful what you buy if you are looking for a track wheel. :2tu:

Thanks for your comments, Boxer12!

I am a bit concerned about the "bulging out" as you called it with a 315's on an only 11" wide rim.

Does anybody out there have experience with 18x12 rims on the front of SRT-10's?

Do you have any experience with or comments about SSR Comp wheels?

Quite concerned about your last comment! What track wheels have you seen braking with slicks? You can PM me if you do not want to post the answer to this on the forum.

Vypr Phil

94BlackSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My previous '95 was modified and it was great. My '94 though is bone stock and I love it even more. I keep thinking I'd like to get a new iPod ready sound system, but I stick with the original system that came with the car. I just like not tinkering with the integrity of the car.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '97 B/W GTS is pretty close to stock. I've had the urge to mod the heck out of it, but I keep thinking back to my highschool days when I just bought a very low mile and all original 455SD Trans Am. That was a fine handling car and it looked great, too. So, what did I do? Within one year of owning it, the whole thing was apart and I replaced: carb, intake, heads, crank, cam, pistons, ignition, headers, exhaust, radiator, suspension, sub-frame, rear end, wheels/tires, transmission (Doug Nash 5-speed), installed welded-in roll cage, removed power steering/brakes & A/C, installed racing seats, removed rear seat, etc. Long story short - it was 'kind of' fun to drive after all of that, but now I really wish I had left it stock. It kills me to think that I paid $1500 cash for the car, it only has 73K original miles now, and if it were still stock it would be worth twenty times what I paid for it, easy.

Thirty years later, I still have it in my garage, by the way - that's going to be a project car one of these days.

Even after almost 11 years since I picked up my Viper, every time I look at my GTS I'm overcome with an awe of how beautiful a car it is. I'm really glad I left it pretty much as it was from the factory. Now, if I happened to come across a low-mile older GTS in a color other than Blue/White, I might just be tempted to make it a beast...:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth