How many Yellow 2005 SRTs?

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I have one!
I think this has been asked a couple of times before, and no one knows the answer, but everyone knew how many were made of the other colors.
Maybe when I sell it I can ask a few grand more because its the mystery color, lOL!

flexcalibur

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got mine from Bill P. last march. Only has 760-something miles. Only mods thus far is just a set green filters. Thinking of the DC ECU soon.

I would sell it if anyone is very interested, and for a very fair price.

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there were about 300 built in 2005 in Yellow, that would account for almost 25% of all the production for the year. I thought there were about 1500 total produced. Coperhead's, silver mamba's, red's, black's, white spec. edition...I still say about 100! Who can give up the info?

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys, you are all wrong, there are only eleventeen Yellow 2005's. :D

All joking aside now, I'm not sure that we will ever know true production break down past 2002. From what I've heard, the person at CAAP who kept track of production left or retired, and no one has really kept track since. Big-n-Italian has been taking care of the registry for a while now, and I have given him more then enough crap about getting the numbers (sorry Big). If the numbers were out there I'm sure he would have found them by now. I am not giving up hope that we will see some hard numbers at some point, but I'm not holding my breath either.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There must be build/order data stored in a computer somewhere I imagine, all that would need to be done is sift through everything to get the relevant things out of it. Though I have read that such a thing can only be done up until 3 years ago.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If there were about 300 built in 2005 in Yellow, that would account for almost 25% of all the production for the year. I thought there were about 1500 total produced. Coperhead's, silver mamba's, red's, black's, white spec. edition...I still say about 100! Who can give up the info?

Where it the 1500 come from. Up until about 03/04, annual production was around 3000.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the total amount of Vipers built from day one till now? Questimate........

In order to answer that, one would need to know how many vipers were built between 04 and 06. But to play along, between 1992 and 2003 there were 19,824 Vipers produced.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will have to scratch one....there are only a few vipers in my community and last weekend somebody's son-in-law lost control and drove into a fence at one of the anestheologist's front yards. No one was hurt but the car was totaled...so there is one less yellow viper in the world. I will try to get a picture from the anestheologist and post it.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You will have to scratch one....there are only a few vipers in my community and last weekend somebody's son-in-law lost control and drove into a fence at one of the anestheologist's front yards. No one was hurt but the car was totaled...so there is one less yellow viper in the world. I will try to get a picture from the anestheologist and post it.

Looks like there will be some parts on E-Bay soon.
Too bad I already spent million$ on fixing my engine, I would have inquired about his.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have always been about 1700-1800 Vipers built/year including the ones designated for overseas as well as Canada and Mexico. In fact, there were some pretty good numbers given in one thread a while back. It actually gave a pretty good listing as to the 2003-2006s with a color breakdown as well. I believe the Slate ones were the rarest of them all. You might do a search and be able to find it. I actually sent an email to Dodge inquiring about the build/paint scheme numbers and they said they would have them shortly but that has been about a month ago and no numbers as of yet. The email address was on Dodge.com.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
During a meeting with the SRT head honchos on our Stuttgart trip, we were told that the numbers were not readily available, but they were working on ironing them out.

That was the first week of December. I guess it was a bigger mess than they thought :confused:

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How would we know that production was around 3000 if we had 19,000 built in 11 years. That looks like about 1700 a year. Did it double in the past 2 or 3 years?

I've gotta find my Maurice Liang book. I haven't been able to find it since I moved. I seem to remember it was his book that listed yearly production numbers at around 3000+/-. His book also has it broken down based on model year right up to 2003 (or perhaps it was 2004 but I can't remember and I can't find the book)

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found my Laing book and folks were right. He only goes up to 2002 in listing annual numbers but it looks like about 1500 - 1800 per year. In 1994 he lists 3083.

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is pretty sad...why can't DCX be able to say how many Yellow (and Red, Black, etc.) Vipers were made in 2005 (and 2003, 2004, etc.)? I hate to say it but maybe if GM buys it we'll be able to find out. This is not rocket science folks, it is merely counting!!!!!

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got this today via email:

Dear Robert:

Thank you for contacting the Dodge Customer Assistance Center regarding
production figures for the 2005 Dodge Viper.

Our records show a total of 304 Vipers were produced in yellow for model
year 2005.

Thank you for your contact and for sharing your concerns with us.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

William
Senior Staff Representative
Dodge Customer Assistance Center

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our records show a total of 304 Vipers were produced in yellow for model
year 2005.

Wow, that's ton of them :eek:

So says a man with 1 of 300 :smirk:

Ok, so that's 304 yellow, 100 white, 300 Copperhead, now we just need black and red to finish this out finally.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang