How much driving time at Pocono May 26?

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the announcement for the Viper Club Zone rendevous May 24-26 at Pocono. Tne track from mentions several makes of car for track day May 26. How much driving time do you get? With lots of cars I can imagine getting a small amount of track time.
Also, can you register just for track day? thanks.

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would also like to know how much driving time you get.

I looked on the registration form and I am not sure what you pay and who you send registration money to if you only want to do the track event. Does the registration fee on the VCA form go to the VCA and then you have to send a seperate amount to the Poconos track for that event?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to post these questions in the Events section. You could also try PM'ing one of the organizers of the event.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send a mail to Bobby. He is the one that organizes this event. So far we are 5 Vipers from Quebec.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The track day will run like any HPDE event. Probably 4 run groups alternating 20-30 min sessions throughout the day. The track day goes on the CSD registration form
POCONO-CSD:Event Registration & Contacts ,and the auto X (Saturday) goes on the NJVCA registration form
http://www.viperclubnj.com/pdf/VCA_zoneform.pdf YOu can also e mail [email protected] for more info.
I have been to this weekend a couple of times and it is always a great weekend. It can only be made better with the prospect of many more Vipers attending.

Dave

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me you get more Track time then you need in a day. The event is one of the best of the year you will have a great time

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time I ran out of gas and I had a full tank at 9AM.....How's that for run time!
It's a BLAST, usually about 20 min per heat. Again, and again....

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup - by the mid afternoon i was so wiped out i didnt even run the last session. You will get plenty of seat time.

Last time I ran out of gas and I had a full tank at 9AM.....How's that for run time!
It's a BLAST, usually about 20 min per heat. Again, and again....

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have any of you run convertibles in stock form at this event? I called to make my reservation for the track event and I was told no convertibles unless they have additional rollbars installed. It was not clear even if I had a temporary hardtop if I would be allowed. I have been told that in the past verts ran, but it seems now that maybe things have changed (insurance company). I really want to particiapte in the event, but I am not sure if I will be allowed.

I was told that some convertibles that ran in the past are no longer allowed to run. S2000 used to be able to run, but now they are not allowed to participate unless rollbars are added.

I am just confused....:confused:

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Have any of you run convertibles in stock form at this event? I called to make my reservation for the track event and I was told no convertibles unless they have additional rollbars installed. It was not clear even if I had a temporary hardtop if I would be allowed. I have been told that in the past verts ran, but it seems now that maybe things have changed (insurance company). I really want to particiapte in the event, but I am not sure if I will be allowed.

I was told that some convertibles that ran in the past are no longer allowed to run. S2000 used to be able to run, but now they are not allowed to participate unless rollbars are added.

I am just confused....:confused:

The quote below is from Bobby C. the NJVCA president regarding SRT verts and the link to the thread it is in. . I think you posted the question there as well...his answer seems clear. Are you driving the viper? if so you are covered.
"SRT's can run top up. They won't be allowed to run in the Red group with soft tops unless they have a "true roll bar"

Hardtops are fine for all groups"

http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-viper-events-gatherings/612096-zone-back-3.html

Dave

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are correct that the NJVCA told me that I would be fine and he even PMed me. I appreciate him answering and I was excited to finally get on a track. AFter getting his answer I didnt think anything more about it.....

The issue I have is that the track gave me a different answer when I tried to register by phone. I called up to make a reservation and to find out if the tech inspection on Sunday was different than the tech inspection on Monday morning and the guy asked me what type of car I had. I told him and he asked if I had a roll bar. They said that they do not see how they could let verts run this year. They are now doing more investigating and they say they will get back to me.

I am just curious if I am the only non-moidified vert that is planning on going.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery