how not to leave a bar

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm out tonight with my girlfriend sitting at a nice restaurant enjoying the beautiful florida evening. 40 feet away parked next to a hedge is my 2000 black RT/10 all shiny and six spokey.

Parked right in front of it and facing it, is a nice new zr-1.

We are standing talking to some attractive young ladies and one of them mentions the cars. one of them was very car smart and was raving about the Viper, she called it "seductive" and "**** almost feline".

What about the yellow one?
It's looks to docile--- like a house cat.....

We all bust out laughing and went back to our drinks.

Unknown to us, mister zr-1 was sittting at the bar eavesdropping on our conversation.

All we see is some guy stomp out of the place, hop in his car, get halfway across the parking lot, pull a nice, loud, smoky burnout, and turn the corner right into a waiting cop.

What other car could cause such outrageous reactions?

I love this car!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a very funny story but, don't bash me here, that could have gone exactly the other way as well. I'm not saying you, but I know quite a few Viper owners get their undies in a bunch when other people are admiring Vettes and their Viper is in company.

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's a very funny story but, don't bash me here, that could have gone exactly the other way as well. I'm not saying you, but I know quite a few Viper owners get their undies in a bunch when other people are admiring Vettes and their Viper is in company.

Luckily it is more likely to happen in Our favor. When people see a Corvette, they are looking at the 16th or 17th corvette they've seen that DAY. When they look at a Viper, they are more than likely seeing their first, or their first in a real long time.

When you keep looking at the same thing again and again, it will eventually get really dull looking.

Luckily for the most part the only Vipers we are seeing are our own, so it'll take a lot longer for it to get dull to look at.

OP
OP
M

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bashing vettes, or the hood window thingy, although it is a ridiculous idea, I've owned a couple myself.
just the way the whole thing played out that had me laughng.
I knew it was a special vette, no one else seemed to or even cared.....

F

FrgMstr

I knew it was a special vette, no one else seemed to or even cared.....

Exactly! If production numbers were switched, no Vipers would be "special" either. When you see 10 Corevettes between home and the gas station, it is hard to make any of those special.

As for the ZR1, I would be proud to drive one of those any day.

Last edited by a moderator:

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And this is why, people, we need to start taking our video cameras (or vid phones) everywhere. I would have loved to see this - lol.
You gotta admit - life has gotten funnier since the inception of YouTube.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luckily it is more likely to happen in Our favor. When people see a Corvette, they are looking at the 16th or 17th corvette they've seen that DAY. When they look at a Viper, they are more than likely seeing their first, or their first in a real long time.

When you keep looking at the same thing again and again, it will eventually get really dull looking.

Luckily for the most part the only Vipers we are seeing are our own, so it'll take a lot longer for it to get dull to look at.

I look at my Viper everyday and it isn't as striking as I use to think... I might need to buy a car cover...LOL!

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I look at my Viper everyday and it isn't as striking as I use to think... I might need to buy a car cover...LOL!

I have the same problem. It is a cool looking car, but now when I look at it, it just looks like a standard car to me. But when I look at any other car now, they look kind of like junk compared to what I'm use to seeing. I wonder how Jay Leno feels.

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only person that I have EVER heard saying they like a Vette over a Viper is a current Vette owner. The general public has ALWAYS preferred the Viper, no matter where I go and we do a lot of Car Shows.
Sorry, but that has been my personal observation since owning a Viper from 2001 to present.
No offence ment, just the facts as I have witnessed them.:dunno:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GM should have made the ZR1 more distinctive looking for that price, period. I owned a C6 convertible all blacked out (except lights) and it looked better than a ZR1. As a matter of fact, at a local car show I won the "Vette Class" with it and there were several ZO6's and one ZR1. This used $33K C6 conertible beat out those. :lmao: Of course, I cleaned and polished it like a Viper owner. :drive:

IMG_1218.JPG

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the Sema Show last November walking around with some friends. As we passed several Corvette's my friends says, "that's why Vettes are better! You see a lot more of them, and there is like only 1 Viper here...."

There was actually 3 Vipers at the show but I told him I would rather have something that you don't see on every corner and at least mine won't get lost in the parking lot. He should know very well about losing a car in a parking lot since he drives a VW Jetta...

I love haters! LOL

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly! If production numbers were switched, no Vipers would be "special" either. When you see 10 Corevettes between home and the gas station, it is hard to make any of those special.

Exactly the same for Porsches. In fact I see more of them then vettes....

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that zr-1 is a beautiful piece of machine,and the window i think is cool- no one can look at the zr-1 and honestly say its dum lookin, u gotta b kiddin me:eek:

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that zr-1 is a beautiful piece of machine,and the window i think is cool- no one can look at the zr-1 and honestly say its dum lookin, u gotta b kiddin me:eek:
At least Chevy didn't make it like a big "C"

You must be registered for see images attach

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not dumb looking, but just not "grand" enough looking to warrant the price as compared to the regular C6 which I think is quite nice looking itself. Look at it this way... If Dodge made a 2010 Viper with 200 more hp than the regular Viper and wanted $70K more without any real exterior differences would Viper owners not be a little disappointed? That's what GM did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456