How often do you change tires?

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have nitto invos with about 3,000 miles on them, all just street driving, some spirited runs.

Was wondering how often people are changing tires on these beasts to ensure proper traction.

I had to get a front tire plugged due to running over a nail, but luckily it was in a repairable area. To me it seems like I have plenty of tread life left, but the tire people were insisting that I need new tires because the sides looked low even though the middle still had plenty. They said it was common for these kinds of cars.

Wondering if they know something I don't know, or if I need to change tire stores.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine seem to last longer than i really need these days. i dont drive it nearly enough lately. i worry about them getting hard and not as sticky, so i swap them out every ~3 years

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers don't just run on the middle portion of their tires. If any portion of the tire is below the wear marks they need to be replaced regardless of age or mileage.

You may have been runing with different alignment, lower tire pressure or lots of hard cornering to wear out the edges, but no matter, when the tread gets low...it must go.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys that get 5 years out of a set of tires just have the car to look at? If I get two years I will be amazed.
also, a lot of tires start out a year old or more when you buy them. check the DOT date and make sure they haven't been sitting to long. 4-5 years is the absolute max i would give a tire for a honda civic...never on a car like the viper or even worse an ACR. That much stopping and turning power could tear an old tire to pieces.