How to: Keep the inside of the your windshield clean?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't smoke and rarely put the top down but, I always seem to have a film on the inside of my windshield which is not always easy to get off. Anybody use anything besides windex?

Andrew

Affatica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the ArmorAll window cleaning wipes then go back over it with a microfiber cloth to make sure I get the streaks out. The wipes prevent any overspray on the interior.

Affatica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and the film is caused by the chemicals used in the plastics and leather in the interior of the vehicle as well as the cleaning agents used to clean the interior.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard it referred to as vinyl smoke, which is caused by all of the chemicals off gassing from your interior plastics. Great for the lungs huh? I have had the best luck removing it by using alcohol for mild cases, and ascetone for tough cases( don't use if you have tinting of any kind). I never really had problems with much fogging until I started using protectants on the dash.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the ArmorAll window cleaning wipes then go back over it with a microfiber cloth to make sure I get the streaks out. The wipes prevent any overspray on the interior.

Ditto...and yeah, using the defroster usually will add that film again. Yep, I said defroster!
LOL~~~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! Thanks people. I was worried it was just me. I'll try those wipes.

What about the RainX anti-fog stuff? Anyone use it? Fogs not an issue in FL but I thought it may help the other problem as well.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! Thanks people. I was worried it was just me. I'll try those wipes.
What about the RainX anti-fog stuff? Anyone use it? Fogs not an issue in FL but I thought it may help the other problem as well.

I've also used Rain-X sheets too...they work VERY well on inside fogged windshield, side windows. ~juli

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the time I just use a wet sponge and a towel. Seems to work quite well.

Every once in a while I'll use Windex.

Chris(NJ)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and the film is caused by the chemicals used in the plastics and leather in the interior of the vehicle as well as the cleaning agents used to clean the interior.

yep! off gassing from the dash/interior. :crazy2:

I just use stoners on a mf glass towel to clean it, knowing I'll have to do it again soon :(

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found out, by accident, that meguirs interior quick detailer works great on a cool windshield. better than glass cleaners as long as you are sure you remove it all.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Stoners Invisible glass a try.

For the outside I occasionally use Zaino Glass Polish and it will make the windows a little shinier and make the wipers work great. I have also had GREAT luck with Aquapel for repelling water and making wipers work smoothly. Not that this is much of an issue with most Vipers as I know the only time mine sees rain is if it is an accident and the weather guy screwed up. :dunno:

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Stoners Invisible glass a try.

For the outside I occasionally use Zaino Glass Polish and it will make the windows a little shinier and make the wipers work great. I have also had GREAT luck with Aquapel for repelling water and making wipers work smoothly. Not that this is much of an issue with most Vipers as I know the only time mine sees rain is if it is an accident and the weather guy screwed up. :dunno:

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't smoke and rarely put the top down but, I always seem to have a film on the inside of my windshield which is not always easy to get off. Anybody use anything besides windex?

Andrew
I have a dry eraser stashed in the glove box. It works great to get the fogginess off.

srcsrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best window cleaner that I have ever used is distilled water mixed with a little bit of alcohol and vinegar ! It cuts thru everything and won't streak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang