How would this wheel look on my ACR

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Modular Concepts wheels are popular among the Corvette people but I think this Carbon Concept model w/ the red lip would look ******** (can I say that?) on the ACR as the carbon on the wheel would complement the various carbon pieces on the ACR or any Viper w/ the red stripes - driver or double.

You must be registered for see images attach

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is "bitchen".... I would put that on my blue coupe if it had a blue or silver line where the red is.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you really need an answer from us on that.

post pics when you get them on the car!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
see it you can have the inner barrel powder coated black though, the aluminum color wouldn't go well with the black and red.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did we decide that the Dymag wheels are prone to cracking?...real carbon wheels are cool too.

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about those wheels myself, actually for my ZO6 (black) or for the Viper. They are great looking wheels and I think they would look better on an ACR with the single drivers stripe, like yours, rather than mine with the dual stripes. Please post pics when you get them!

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Chuck. Unless the wheels are lighter and/or in some other way better for the track, leave the wheels alone. I think the wheels are visually too complex for the car. JMO.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hate the wheels on the ACR for the looks department.......Those other wheels would look outstanding.
I also never like the copperhead wheels.........(see where i'm going)
I never like that style wheel.
I think the ACR looks amazing except the wheels. Just wait until someone changes the wheels on a ACR and starts posting pics, then eeveryone will agree. If you go to the track just switch back to those funky looking black OEM wheels

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks to me like those 40 little chromed dealies (fasteners?) that run all they way around the inner edge (that would be 40 x 4 = 160 total) would be a HUGE PITA to clean! I've had busy wheels before...but never again. It was such a PITA that it's the first thing that I look for when shopping for wheels...ease of cleaning.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are really cool. Is the outer lip black over alum., steel or CF?

Ok, I'll be the one to ask,..How much?

Those are cool.....:D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the wheels on the ACR for the looks department.......Those other wheels would look outstanding.
I also never like the copperhead wheels.........(see where i'm going)
I never like that style wheel.
I think the ACR looks amazing except the wheels. Just wait until someone changes the wheels on a ACR and starts posting pics, then eeveryone will agree. If you go to the track just switch back to those funky looking black OEM wheels

Well said.

Just do it.

A - There will be those that stand firm and call it junk or ricey.

B - There will be those that posted here that they like it and that crowd will maintain itself.

C - And then there will be those that convert upon contact with the actual visuals.

My guess is "C" will be the most dynamic group.

From Dave, purveyor of the Great White Hood Vent.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks to me like those 40 little chromed dealies (fasteners?) that run all they way around the inner edge (that would be 40 x 4 = 160 total) would be a HUGE PITA to clean! I've had busy wheels before...but never again. It was such a PITA that it's the first thing that I look for when shopping for wheels...ease of cleaning.

Light cotton polishing cloth wrapped around the end of a 2 inch paint brush...no more PITA. Been working great for years...

Get those wheels...

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look great. Really it only matters what you think since you will be driving the car. There will always be people who dont like change and will stay with the old style 5 spokes and so on. I have always said that aftermarket wheels are the fastest way to set your car apartt from the crowd. And those wheels would definitely set it apart... and make it look that much better.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there was ever a car whose modification considerations should be "track conscious" first and "poser" last, it's the ACR.

I agree and disagree all at the same time. I would definitely keep the stock wheels and tires for track use, but I am considering a second set of wheels for my ACR as well. The Sport Cups are very low on tread...so stay away from water. A street rim and tire set-up would certainly be the smart thing to do...if you plan on driving it whenever you want (unless you carry a barometer with you).

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce, They look pretty sharp for your ACR. I think you said you bought SSR's for the track? Store the stock wheels and tires and go with this for the street and the SSR's and better tires for the track. See you at buttonwillow. Mike

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a few brands that do the carbon overlaid centers, not just that company. The color pinstripe is done by several companies as well. I know that 360 Forged, iForged, and Mod Concepts do the CF centers. They would look great on an ACR.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone who puts wheels with lip on an ACR should be punished! :mad:

Paint the stockers if you do not like black.

ya just go down a pick up a few rattle cans at home depot...............:omg:

Phoenixgts........you don't think those rims would look outstanding, really. wether the car is made for the track or not any car exspecially a viper looks so sweet with a 19/20 setup with a 3-4" lip on back.......

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I run these wheels on my Z06 and Love them!

Sorry guys I know it's not a Viper but I thought he could at least see the wheel on a car.

My Z is for sale and I am trying to get into an SRT10Coupe!

That is actually one of my wheels that is pictured!

I am a little biased I guess.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phoenixgts........you don't think those rims would look outstanding, really. wether the car is made for the track or not any car exspecially a viper looks so sweet with a 19/20 setup with a 3-4" lip on back.......
Sorry. For a lot of us on the left coast, wide lip wheels are for east coast ***** pimps who drive Gallardos or M6s not real sporting cars. One piece or nothing, if he wants to **** he would get HRE P40 Monoblocks in the brushed aluminum finish.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang