I am pissed!

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this evening i went to pull the car into the garage. I first had to back up to get a better angle, I started to roll back and the car came to a sudden stop. I was confused at first thinking there was a rock under my tire. So I pulled the e break and got out to check. Nothing was there, so got back in car and stared to reverse, car would not move no mater How much gas I gave it. Called the wife out to look and see if something was stuck in the wheel. She noticed many gash marks in the wheel well. Put the e brake back on and looked at what she was Describing. I noticed the marks to along with the rear break caliber. It spears that a bolt or something fell off because it was digging into the wheel. I just had new rear pads put on about 2 weeks ago. Would this be a dealer f**k up? :(:confused:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look close; you don't remove the caliper attaching bolts to replace the pads.

Sometimes the pin that retains the pads backs out (the rears have a single pin with a split-ring spring) because the recess in the caliper has been enlarged. But that usually means the pin contacts the inside of the wheel spokes first. It wouldn't explain gashes in the wheel well.

Pics?

OP
OP
S

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greenfield Dodge. Also I can pivot the caliber like one bolt is not attached. I can try and post pics tomorrow. To tired right now.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's why the only one that gets to work on my car is me

But ... the wheel alignment guy is going to have me watching over his shoulder in a couple weeks. He'd better have a gentle touch,

OP
OP
S

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first two pics shows where the caliber was rubbing the inside of the wheel
You must be registered for see images

The second pic shows the caliber in the correct location

And the last pic shows the caliber off of the rotor.

I told the dealer this morning i will be getting a new wheel from there screw up.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Agree with Tom...but I wonder if the tech who changed your pads failed to read the 2000 year directions and started by removing the caliper not realizing that one does NOT do this on 92-2000 Vipers...just a thought.

Was the individual a Certified Viper Tech ???

Sorry about your troubles...please post outcome.

OP
OP
S

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will after they fix what they caused. I just have this feeling that they are going to call me and tell me that they had nothing to do with the falure, and i will end up eating the repairs. One thing going for me is that i can get OEM parts at dealer cost.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will after they fix what they caused. I just have this feeling that they are going to call me and tell me that they had nothing to do with the falure, and i will end up eating the repairs. One thing going for me is that i can get OEM parts at dealer cost.

If they do just take it to court, them denying everything when they changed the pads only 2 weeks ago is complete BS. You have every right to be demanding a completely new OEM wheel and anything else that might also be damaged (i.e. wheel bearing that was unintentionally shot due to the caliper rubbing against the wheel).

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you need any tips on revenge, like where to buy black clothing, and how to hold a brick when throwing it at glass, I don't believe anyone on this forum will help you.

:eater:

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you drive it home from the dealer, did it not make any noise then? And it looks like you need a new brake caliper more than a new wheel.

OP
OP
S

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't know at the time is was bad. Felt OK except for there still being some squeaking. I thought it was just new pads and it would go away. It did go away then this happened. Well i will call dealer later to see what they have come up with. Bad thing is, my family does business with them and going as far as suing them will make it hard.

Viper ACR Lover 02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need any tips on revenge, like where to buy black clothing, and how to hold a brick when throwing it at glass, I don't believe anyone on this forum will help you.

I think that would be minimal requirements. There's probably people on here that would be willing to do more than give him advice. :crazy2:

OP
OP
S

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really dont need that kind of help. Being an x Police officer i know of ways around getting caught. LOL

OP
OP
S

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
update:
I called dealer and they told me they are ordering new caliber bolts and it will take a week to get. They also told me that there were no gashes or cuts in the wheel. They are calling someone to come and buff the inside of the wheel. What are they going to do? Confused on the buff repair. if there were none of the above problems why would you need to buff the wheel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery