I can't believe is so dang hard to find a windshield...

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a small stress crack (6 inches) in the windshield of my 00 GTS, so I have been trying to find a new one. What a *****. Its a dealer only item, and I have been looking 6 months. Local dealer can't locate one, glass guy came up with one, but it had a messed up radio antenna (so it went back). Anybody have this problem? What is the story? At least it isn't across the driver viewing area, so its not that big of a deal, but jeez, I like my car to be perfect. It's embarassing when glass guys are leaving cards on your windshield at restaurants!:dunno:

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, only bc I figure it must cost a small fortune to ship one from Wash to IN. I guess that I might have to do that. Or Tator. Something has to give. ;)

P.S.-Jon B, PM me or post if you can help!

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, I made one call to safelite. they had it the next day. They also had the rear glass. AND surprise....they had Mopar decal on the glass.!!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a small stress crack (6 inches) in the windshield of my 00 GTS, so I have been trying to find a new one. What a *****. Its a dealer only item, and I have been looking 6 months. Local dealer can't locate one, glass guy came up with one, but it had a messed up radio antenna (so it went back). Anybody have this problem? What is the story? At least it isn't across the driver viewing area, so its not that big of a deal, but jeez, I like my car to be perfect. It's embarassing when glass guys are leaving cards on your windshield at restaurants!:dunno:

I posted this information about two ago, but I'm sure it should still be close. Just send me a check for the money I save you ;):D

$302+tax Mopar Factory glass installed at my place of work. Local glass company (Aaron's Auto Glass) that a friend recommended. I also got the low-down on the actual price paid for this glass by installers - approx. $248. Possibly +/- $30 bucks depending on several factors. Don't let them B.S. you. They all pay around the same price for the Mopar glass. Part #1294.

BTW #1 - Safelite prices vary depending on zip code. In Pittsburgh, it was $554.67 + tax. You can negociate with them. I didn't bother since I got such a low quote from the local glass installer and new they would come down, but probably not that much.

BTW #2 - Other prices for national dealers (all installed at your place):

Diamond - $400 Tax included (Mopar Glass)
Guardian - $365 + Tax (Mopar Glass)
Glass Doctor - $371 Tax included (PPG Glass)

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there's a company over here that produces them for Oreca and always has stock, they also do a glass screen for the comp coupe, only available as a 'heated screen' with the element inside

they import/export to the US as well

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a timely post. I had been trying to find one for my 98 GTS. I called Safelite at about 10:00am and at 3:00pm and $357 later I had a new windshield.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A rock hit my windshield on the way to Le Mans this year. Long crack now.

What is the price for a windshield for my 2002 RT/10 with the antenna?

Price in the US and Great Britain, please. Thanks a lot!

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try these people in Atlanta--they might have an outlet or know someone near you--price installed is 625.00 binswanger glass 404-873-1888

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had Safelite install a new windshield in my 98 GTS.
It was $749.00 plus sales tax. Took two+ weeks to get from Dodge.
They did a good job, in less than an hour at their location.
I am on Long Island, so probably cheaper elsewhere.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not here...exotic car insurance - high deductible.

BTW,
The glue they use for the windshield should sit for +24h at least to cure....!?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960