I can't get the speakers in my hood to work...

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...can someone tell me how to hook them up again. Is this a recall item? Is a wire loose, I really don't want to take my 2000 to Dodge. Any advice?

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...can someone tell me how to hook them up again. Is this a recall item? Is a wire loose, I really don'r want to take my 2000 to Dodge. Any advice?

I'm pretty sure if go to the Best Buy at Porter Ranch some kid will help you with your problem. No need to take it to Dodge, they'll fix you up and your car.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take 2 heavy wires and attach them to both to one speaker grill and then one to the red post and the other to the ground (may be a green cap on it). It will be mono but it will make a sound. I promise.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine work fine. Every time I start my car the most beautiful sound seems to come out of the hood....

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are probably not driving fast enough for the sound to travel from the Hood speakers over the Windshield, into the side windows and then into the interior. Try applying more pressure on the gas pedal.:drive:

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think they forgot to install my speakers, as I have only the speaker covers on my hood. To top it off, they forgot to drill a hole in the left side of the hood for the speaker installation. Why they would stop there is beyond me. They must have some real lackeys working at Conner Ave. these days.:rolleyes: