I crashed tonight..

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way too much humidity on the road...
Hit a guard rail and went over a flower bed..
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

The car I think might be history..

Luckily no one else was hurt and except for the car.. I seem to be in one piece.

The dew on the road is dangerous.. and you will loose traction. Please please be careful out there..

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! The important thing is you walked away from it. From the sounds of it, it could have been a lot worse. What are your plans now? Was your car even drivable?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ooof -- ouch! very sorry to hear that, and glad you're ok.

On the other hand, assuming you were insured, here's a golden opportunity to try a different year/model/color of Viper!

OP
OP
A

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom 700:
Sorry to hear that! The important thing is you walked away from it. From the sounds of it, it could have been a lot worse. What are your plans now? Was your car even drivable?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope.. I think the frame is broken..
the car is in bad shape.. and I wouldnt have wanted it in that shape.. dew on the road is dangerous.
frown.gif
frown.gif

I walked away,, and I guess I should be very thanfull..
smile.gif
smile.gif

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, Afy... Glad you are okay....

Vipers and wet roads do not mix very well...

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glad you are OK. The airbag must have deployed....

PS. If you need help totalling the car, or to see if your salvage rights can be profitable to you, please call me. I have helped folks get a Total they deired when the Ins wanted to fix it......and then helped them sell the hulk (usually to PartsRack) at a profit for their trouble.

OP
OP
A

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon..
I will call on Monday...
Wierdly enough the air bags didnt deploy...
frown.gif

I think that the frame itself might be broken since the car was twisted around quite a bit..
frown.gif
frown.gif

I feel like crying right now..
frown.gif

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
afy,
I am really glad your okay!!! that is what is truly important!!
I cant belive that the airbag didn't go off?? that seems weird!
with that much damage I too would push for a total!

After you call Jon B call Bill P and see what he can do for you.
Maybe a nice 2001 or even a 2002??

Again very, very sorry to hear about your mishap.

Best wishes
JIM

jessejames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afy
I just got your phone call from last night. Sorry I wasn't here to come rescue you/give you a ride home. Call when you can. I guess the shooting range is off for this afternoon.

Is your car going to Paul's?

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Dang Afy, glad you are ok bud.

Just shake the dust off your butt, and go buy another snake to ride on.

Can't let yourself get spooked.

Looking forward to having you at our events next year. I am planning to have several to keep us busy in our limited time we have to drive these wonderful cars.

And like the others have said, looks like a great chance to pick up a new 01 or 02, with ABS
smile.gif

Take care buddy

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afy,
I'm glad you are ok. Seeing that picture actually brought tears to my eyes, so don't bother crying, I'll do it for you
frown.gif
I'm sorry for your misfortune, I hope all works out for you.
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif
Hey, since I am so very fortunate to have 2 snakes, if you need to fill "the void" until you get another one, feel free to borrow one anytime
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jessejames:
Afy
I guess the shooting range is off for this afternoon.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going to the range might be good "therapy" for him today
devil.gif

GaryC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I was bummed that I scraped (tiny) the front today with 900 miles on the speedo.

First and formost both of you guys are OK, be very thankful it wasn't worse.

OP
OP
A

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a good look at the car.
I am thankfull that I walked away.. there isnt a single panel on the car that isnt broken or scraped up...

There are various fluids leaking.. or have leaked.. the steering coloum is broken, and the car is twisted.

I have no idea as to how much internal damage there is, or what shape the underside of the car is in..
Will know more on monday..

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afy, I can tell fom your last post, that you are hurting about the car, I have been there and done this. Listen up, don't go back and look at the car again, I can tell from the posts that you have other Viper folks willing to help you with that. Trust me, the most imprtant thing you have to do is get this car totaled. If you have not called John B., do so immediately, I have no connection with him but have been on this board for 3+ years and from prior comments I know he will help you get it totaled. Think positve, protect your interests financially, you don't want this car back all patched up, get good advice, and move into that next Viper, maybe call Bill P., start talkin' about a new one.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afy, been there done that, twice, just not quite as bad about 7 years ago! If I can recall, I think I did cry twice.
crying.gif

I wrecked the side of it and my friend really put a hurtin on it.
Got rid of it and now I've got me another one!

Good luck!!!!!

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afy My Friend but not you alone,

Though I have never met you I have seen your notes many times out here on the board...Yesterday at 3:00 it has been 3 weeks since this happened to me, my beautiful Viper was destroyed, yours looks good comparably speaking, this does not make me feel any better just a little more nauseous. We were at Kershaw, SC, Carolina Motor Sports, we were participating in a driver school with the BMW Club of SC and had total brake failure going into the first turn. This is the first time I have talked about this on the board since this has happened. In time I will share with all of our Viper friends all that took place, but not today.

I just showed this to my girls and they said to let you know we know how you feel and they are very sorry for the damage to your beautiful car. It has been pretty lonely around here, the car was very special to a lot of people other than myself... I have a beautiful red custom Viper trailer with Viper wheel(s), rim(s), jack(s), part(s), fluid(s), all over the place and nothing to do with them.....it hurts a little!!!

To ALL my Viper Friends, ones that I know and the ones that I have yet to meet, please think twice about how fast you are going, where you are, who is in the car, who is in the other cars around you, it is just not worth your life or someone else's. Think about all the people who depend upon YOU, sometimes we forget.... I am all for getting out an running and showing our beautiful cars, there is no other car that can match the "uniqueness" that we all have in common, just take it to Viper Days (I am a huge fan and participant for more than one reason) or some other event or facility have all your safety equipment on and ready, full face helmets, 5 point seat belts and driving suits are required. Yes, both air bags deployed, the Team Tech seatbelts(tie a rawhide string to the upper cross over strap to the D-ring so you can find it easily) and the craftsmanship of Team Viper ALL worked perfectly. There is no damage to the inside cockpit of the car.

Yes there is a group of us who have something in common, the loss of our Vipers, please DO NOT join US. Not in my worse dream would have believed this would happen to me....

Thanks for letting me vent. Our good Lord saw fit that Sean Roe and I walked away without scratch, He had us in the palm of His Hand all the time and I give Him all the Glory and Praise for allowing me to share his with all of YOU!.

OP
OP
A

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by richc22:
Afy, One of the things I have learned from your experience, is the great friendships and comradery that Viper owners share. There has not been one negative comment,innuendo, or remark. The Viper Goddess has even offered the use of a Viper (personally, I would hold out until she picks up her 2003). With a group such as this, I cannot imagine you not re-entering a Viper Days event in a new Viper.. best wishes, Rich

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That my friend is true...

smile.gif
smile.gif

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto for me on that one too.

It's good to be alive. My only inconsiquintial consolation is that I get to blame someone else for my incident.

Dave

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez Rich,
Like I mentioned to you the other day, if you keep it up, you may swell my head so big that I won't be able to get into my cars
laugh.gif
embarass.gif
Thank you for your nice words. I will agree with you, that without a doubt, the members of the Viper Community are a wonderful group of caring people, who respect, and look out for one another.
Have a wonderful day!! Safe traveling for all those who will be doing so for the holiday. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif