I got my flamesuit on but......(cruise control)

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have any of you installed the cruise control such as the one offered by Snake-Oyl? Did it work well and is it reliable without causing warranty problems?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The western US provides thousands of miles of uniterrupted opportunity to use cruise control. Or, drive 100mph (plus) for miles and miles. You right-coasters should really get out more often. Right Chuck? :usa:

18rainvipes.jpg

18RainVipers-med.jpg

185vip_mill.jpg

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I do have one from Snake Oyl. It works great, but it is a pain to install. The directions are clear, but access to various parts of the car to install the components can tough.

I went for some 4-5 hour drives on the interstate and before the cruise my ankle would get sore. Now at 72-75 mph my ankle doesnt get sore and I get between 19.2 and 20.9 miles per gallon in hyper cruise.

I would be happy to relate my experience with the install.

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe the dealer would void the warranty because of the cruise control. Better yet, have the dealer install it instead of your nephew. IMHO

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fitted on one my 2000 GTS it was great used it cruising in Europe no bad ankle.

Took about a day to install wiring was OK but the instructions did not make it clear which side of the plug on the ECU you were looking at, a quick call to Snake Oyl and problem solved.

I did track my car......but I never used it on the track....LOL :headbang:

OP
OP
V

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses; FLOORIN4, there's plenty of long freeway driving out here so it does come in handy because it's good to be able to move your foot around once in awhile. I'm going to California from Vegas for the holidays so I'll find out how badly I may miss it....or maybe I won't. We'll see. Otherwise I'll look for a Viper Tech that has installed one before.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Snake-Oyl cruise control on my GTS and it works fine (the 1 or 2 times a year I use it). I mounted the interior box above the rear-view mirror which is great for the GTS, but wouldn't be an ideal location on the SRT.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Snake Oyl system and it works like a charm and looks like an OEM product. It's great for long interstate drives -- allows you to stretch your legs and helps avoid tickets. Cory will talk you through any install questions, so any decent mechanic should be able to do the work. Just take your time and you'll be pleased. :2tu:

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the Snake Oyl system. My only issue with it is the lack of a kill switch on the clutch. I have to tap the brake to release it. The engine will race a bit if I don't.

I have 19K miles on my 2003 SRT-10 with lots of highway miles. My Viper was perhaps the only "green" Viper produced. On the highway I get 25 mpg using the cruise control. In the city it changes back to Viper red.

Howard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456