I got my new fuel system in...I will let you all know how it goes! Pics

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm going to install it today.

Weldon seems to be one of the best! A bit loud, but who cares...LOL!

I even got a ball cap too...kinda looks tropical.

You must be registered for see images

carl B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have the same pump and blue filters but I didn't get that box of tricks?

Can you elaborate please?

Did you go direct to Weldon?

Carl

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Carl,

How loud is your pump? I put voltage to mine and it was fairly queit...but it just spun on the prepacking oil that was inside...not sure if it gets loud when you actually put fuel in?

I went through Earl Kinsler at www.kinsler.com

This guy is real knowledgable!! He spends the time explaining thing to you.

Every thing together was near $1230.00

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats the same setup i've installed before...if you mount it direct to the frame it's a noisy sucker!!...make a L shaped bracket with 2 L's and mount it behind the battery on the rail....put rubber bushings on the bracket and mount the pump on that bracket with rubber bushings too and it will quiet it down quite alot too...need some help give me a yell..Len

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carl,

How loud is your pump? I put voltage to mine and it was fairly queit...but it just spun on the prepacking oil that was inside...not sure if it gets loud when you actually put fuel in?

I went through Earl Kinsler at www.kinsler.com

This guy is real knowledgable!! He spends the time explaining thing to you.

Every thing together was near $1230.00

AB I am glad you called Earl Miller per my recommendation. He is one of the most knowlegeable people I have spoken with throughout my entire twin turbo design, engineering and fabrication process. They send me only the highest quality product. Their turnaround is usually the same day. They are the best!

VictionOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good choice. Weldon is the best when it comes to fuel supplies. Are you going to be using the Weldon fuel pressure regulator too? Might as well.

Defintely isolate the pump with rubbers. I have seen people also wrap the pump with a sponge like rubber material and said that it helps with the noise. I don't know if the pump would have any cooling problems with it though...

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
len,

You can upload them from your "My Home" section of this page and then attach them.

Len,
Can you shoot me your phone number..I have some questions.

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok..i looked in my home....don't see where to load the pics...anyone wanna post them for me????....or ya can look on the other site under my same name and look in my gallery...if you look at the new pics of the race this weekend posted by viper spray you can see the car almost complete...a frt mount twin turbo system i developed....Len

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks alot 99 rt/10!!!...now on my twin turbo car i moved the regulator up to the front of the car on the right side so i could run the fuel rails easier and to keep constant fuel press up there...if anyone needs some help give me a yell...thnks again...Len

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99RT, That is very well done, butI would not advise putting the pump where you have it. All it would take is a rear end collision and you could go up in flames!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8022DSCF1185-med.JPG

Got these isolators from a mail order company

Carl, It looks like you used the isolators that have a metal stud at either end with a rubber sandwich between them. Those isolators you used screw into the threads at the base of the pump right? How did you make sure they will not vibrate loose as there is really no way to torque that end without possibly tearing the rubber center sandwich?

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Paolo, I was going to mount mine on the opposite side on the battery side...or I could do it in the trans tunnel, but I was afraid that it would be too loud in the trans tunnel....but after pluggin the weldon pump to my battery...the pump didn't even sound half as lound as my aeromotive eliminator pump..

I thought these weldon pumps were suppose to be real loud?

Have you hooked yours up in your car yet?

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MSD sells those isolators and even the air cleaner buffers off older mercedes work also....but get the diesel version there....they are alot more sturdy than the gas buffers....if you look i also added rubber bushings to the 4 mount bolts going thru the frame also.....Len

boosted1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a very nice clean install on the pumps, is that a gravity setup? The one thing that everyone mentioned that I hate about aftermarket pumps is how loud they are.