I got my Parts Rack Dual Plane wing and pics inside.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got my parts rack wing today and started to install it. I nicked my bumper with the license plate light screw and that really pissed me off! The wing is heavy, but sturdy.

I put it together and didn't mount it, just had it balanced on the rear of the Viper (Which was a mistke too..the wing slipped a little and scuffed my paint a little!!!! Aurrgh! Good thing the wing will hide it.

I like the wing from some angels and other angels, it looks different. I'm going to have the wing painted Metallic Silver, but was thinking of keeping the pedalstal mounts aluminum (polished of course!)and also the side of the wing polished too. What do you think? Should I paint everything the same of have the polish accent on my Silver GTS?

I'm having second thoughts of drilling into my rear deck, but also paid a lot of money for this thing too. I guess I just need to install it and paint it. Take it out of the garage and get a different perspective of how it looks. I think I will also need to lower the car too. With the wing, I think it might make the car look like it's a 4x4. I'm a bit worried it will slow me down when I do street drags. I hope not.

Give me your honest opinion of what you think or do you think it's too early to say anything?

Are the single plane wings giving off a lot of drag like the dual?

Well...here are some lousy pics...I will post better ones soon. I will do a step by step write up soon.

You must be registered for see images

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ab, I am not that hyped up about many wings but that looks good. You made a good choice, as far as the looks are concerned.

Then again I saw Chuck's this past weekend in Clearwater and thought it looked great. Maybe I am just getting Viporized.
cool.gif

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the wing will look great! I never thought about getting one, but now I might think again! I can't wait to see the car after you are finished painting it and attach it! My thoughts are similiar to yours in that I am afraid of drilling into my Vipers tail! Let me know how it goes!
I would stick with the beautiful Silver color your beast is now!!

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So what do you think? Do you think I should keep the sides of the wing polished or have it painted?

I guess I will just need to install it, paint it and hope I won't have too much drag when racing vettes or stangs or ferrari's!

Do you guys notice and extra tire wear from your wing's downforce?

I will make sure I have step by step pictures so if you guys happen to get the parts rack wing, you will know what to do and what not to do.

keep your comments coming!

So far I have 3 small minor dings in my paint! Pray for me that I don't get anymore! Grrrrr!

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wing will look great painted or polished.. Since your car is silver a nice touch might be to get the ends only polished then etched with the Viper logo by George... Just a thought..

The splitter and dive plane aero mods as well as wheel upgrades usually start eating at you within a couple days of the wing install..have fun!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Adam.........Thank you for your purchase!

The entire upper adjustable plane can be removed, if desired, w/ 4 screws for drag strip events. The end-plates are 8 screws. This will eliminate most of the aero-drag up to about 80 mph.

The LOOK of the wing is up to you ! We have a customer who is CHROMING the wing! And we have those (most) who paint it body color, and dress-up the endplates w/ Viper medallios or logos or body-side lettering.

If you though the Viper had high curb appeal before, wait til you see the difference in look-factor you now get!

Getting the "Beware Of Snakes" issue (Apr-may)of Popular Hot Rodding will show you YOUR color in a fully-paointed dual wing from PartsRack...... Thanks again to all for the nice words and feedback

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,

Great pics and I like the idea of polished. I have chrome / polished look decals on mine (and metaflake added to the paint lacquer just on the tips). The polished look will really show off nice, as it picks up the polished wheels, gas cap, and also chrome lettering. Like the idea of etched polished fins too.

I can remember pulling my rear tail section to fit the wing, to stop it scraping the rear bumper fascia (and protect from screws) I covered the part it slides over with shiny sided electrical tape. Will save it when you fit it back in.

DRYVEM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard is it to access the rear hatch cargo area once you have installed the wing? I use the cargo area quite a bit.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually, there's enough room to close the rear hatch. I guess if you were to carry something through the back hatch, you could rest it on top of the wing or take the wing off..which there are 4 small bolts by the pedalstal.

I think I will just paint the entire thing.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Stripes!! no way! hehe! I like it to be clean and elagant. But I think the wing will show off the car better. Maybe I will get the same attention as I did in the Rt/10 I used to have. I don't get half the attention the Rt/10 did in my Silver GTS.