I have a problem

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
returned a short while ago from a long trip up north,sw florida to connecticut and back. highly recommend taking viper on long trip, best road trip of my life.car had not seen any rain until I was caught in thunderstorm in virginia 2-1/2 days of rain no leaks, car handles great in the rain. only one issue, morning after rain storm car is wet and its drizzling, drivers door kept popping open by itself. happened 3 or 4 times. weather cleared I washed car, dried it no problem. got back to florida washed car really well it happened again only this time it only popped open once. has not happened since. checked door harness seems to be ok. car is a 2000rt/10 with 14,000 miles on it now.my problem is I can't stop driving this car! its racking up miles quickly. I drive 170 miles round trip to work each day in company taurus, get home and next thing I know I am taking viper out for ride. is this a sickness that the rest of you deal with? also any one have any experience with a 3 piece top? comments, suggestions?some where I remember seeing something about individual adjustable pedals any feedback about them.quick story parked in gas station next to brand new (still had window sticker) yellow z06, lots of bikers standing around NO ONE asked the guy about his vette everyone has drooling over my car. almost felt bad for the guy - almost.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved reading your stories!! Yep--Viper Virus :drive: ...we have it also, but we also have horrible weather, so can't drive it as often as we'd like...too much cold and rain still. We used to also have a yellow Z06, got once in awhile looks, that's about it, but the VIPER, yeah, same as you.....people drool, thumbs up, :2tu: whiplash effect, etc.!!!
Keep the stories coming (and hope your door stays SHUT!!) ~juli~

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good story, sorry about your door never heard of that (touch wood). I feel alittle bad for the vette guys to. they are nice cars but everyone sees them so often it becomes common place.

And yes, I find myself daydreaming about driving my Viper while I'm driving the company Montana.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"I had the microswitch for the door opener go out on my Viper & it caused the door to open somewhat randomly."

BINGO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine