I need pictures of Vipers with the double deck wing if you have them.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If I get a GTS, I want the double deck wing to go with it. Does anyone have a picture with it on? Good ones with different angles? I would like to see solid and possibly stripes, but I not too big of a fan of stripped vipers. But any will do!

Thanks!

Looking for a double deck wing if there is one for sale too..soon!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Adam..........please check out:
www.partsrack.com

Click on: Body Parts (too dumm to provide a direct link)

and see Chuck Babel's webpage..lots of nice pix. CHUCK! HELP !?

Also, the May edition of Popular Hot Rodding has a cover titled Fear Of Snakes, and a Viper special edition. Our "DoubleD" wing is prominently featured in many photos there. maybe you could order a back issue??

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, how functional are the wings, compared to an actual ORECA Viper? Are they partly functional and partly cosmetic compared to a true race wing? If you get a rear wing, should you also get a front splitter so that you don't pull wheelies everywhere you drive?

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume those won't fit the RT-10 then? I've only seen the real low profile, sleek-looking wings for the RT's. How come no race-style (single or dual tier) like they have for the GTS?
Chris

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going with the Hennessy wing myself in a few weeks. I saw it on a GTS at our last VCA meeting, sweet! How many of you have his wing? Any pics of this one out there? Did it come shipped in good shape? Problems with the installation?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steveb:
I'm going with the Hennessy wing myself in a few weeks. I saw it on a GTS at our last VCA meeting, sweet! How many of you have his wing? Any pics of this one out there? Did it come shipped in good shape? Problems with the installation?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's purely for show. I sold mine because I wanted something more functional.

Pic 1

Pic 2

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, thanks for the pics. I know the wing is not too functional. I'm buying it strictly for show. Any problems with installation? Paint? Was it shipped in good condition? How long after you ordered it, did John ship it to you? Anybody out there looking to sell theirs too?

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check your e-mail ab, sent you a few shots. The wings are definitely functional and will have a profound effect on your cars handling at high speeds. Even at freeway speeds you'll notice the gentle whoop dee doos of your favorite country road become negative G, stick to the pavement (and if you lowered your car a couple of inches like I did scrape the sills and shower of sparks) time. Plan on adjusting your springs in back and think about a splitter for the front to balance the down force. For roadracing I took off the upper platform, it just slowed me down but I was also running a 3.45 differential and splitter as well. When we did the 8.5 mile oval in Uvalde my car hit a wall at 170 and was noticeably slower accelerating up from even 100 than say GTS Dean's 96 GTS with no aero (Dean wasn't at Uvalde but I recall his car from laps around TWS, it turns 1:58 loafing on tire warmup laps, very strong on the straights).

There is a weight consideration as well, 45 lbs for the one in the pictures. If you are on the street this isn't a consideration but racers pay attention to this sort of thing.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

There are platform wings for the RT, both single and dual. TNT makes their own and Parts Rack sell the MultiAxis wing that I used on my GTS. Jeff Ellison uses the TNT piece on his RT/10 KingSnake that he runs in the Viper Days series. It's robust and functional. Good thing, he's putting out over 750 h.p. and that's before he hits the juice.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked the Hennessy wing for safety. Renting the viper out, I wouldn't want a customer to "adjust" the wing or cause the car to become unsafe for any reason. DOesn't seem to be many owners out there with this wing.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Clarifications:

PartsRack bought the Multi-Axis Co., and we produce the wings.

Please consider: The 45lb weight becomes pretty much irrelevant once the car is moving. Why? Even the GT-2 or PartsRack Single-plane zero-angle wings creates 300+ lbs downforce at 70 mph on a GTS. If a 4 lb ($5000-$7000) Oreca carbon wing did the same speed, the downforce would be +/- 41 lbs. The DRAG of the wing, as noted by Pul, is much more relevant than the OE weight.

The actual weight only matters for the inertia at start, til the airstream takes over....and then again when downforce is less than the actual weight.... @ 35 mph or so.

PS... PartsRack is a distributor of HMS wings, and has several happy customers with this basket wing. Search our recent "Waterfall Run" thread here, and a 2001-Yellow is up front.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still looking at options on the wing(s). Does anyone have ANY type of wing for sale. Don't really care what color it is, I'll just strip it and re-paint it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi