I spun my car pretty badly, luckily I survived to tell the story. Pics Inside.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Back when I was flirting with the idea of buying an SRT10 I read all about how to keep my car and my self safe and since I bought my car I have been driving very cautiously on the street. This weekend all of that changed I thought I'd try to find where the limits of my skills driving this car where and well long story short I spun really badly. Not to worry though as this is not another viper horror story as I did this on very save environment with a few friends of the local VCA. This weekend we had our first autocross of the year up here in WA.

I probably knocked over more cones than any other viper owner has on a single day while I was trying to learn the curse and as I started to feel more comfortable with the course I began to push the car a little harder. I spun a few times, one of them was a big spin of over 360 degrees. That one I didn't even see coming (although I was being stupid so I guess no big surprise either). For the other spins though I was kind of aware they where going to happen, it was cool to see that the car does communicate to a degree when you are going above your own skills.

There are some cool pictures of me pushing cones around and spinning but unfortunately I don't have those yet so for now the ones I took should suffice:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here it is after removing all the cone marks:

Last edited:

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on finding the limits of your snake in a safe and controlled environment!

Also, nice body kit!

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on finding the limits of your snake in a safe and controlled environment!

Also, nice body kit!

Thanks it was a load of fun like I haven't had in years. I think I learned a bit about the limits of my skills as a driver, the limits of the car are still to be discover but I guess I have the rest of my life to try finding them safely and I'm looking forward to it. May be if things go well I could start taking performance classes going to a track once in a while. This car and the VCA are giving me priceless experiences for sure. Go Viper!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad it ended well. You did the right thing trying to find the limits in a controlled area. Now, on to comment about the pics. First of all, I love your car, but that big FANGS emblem looks odd on the back. Just my opinion of course. That yellow vert is just sweet. I love how slammed it is. Don't care for the yellow center FANGS on the wheels. Im a fan of the 10-spokes when the car is lowered, especially when the wheels are black, but this still looks really good.

This pic of your car (from the above pics) is my favorite. Just a good angle.

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad it ended well. You did the right thing trying to find the limits in a controlled area. Now, on to comment about the pics. First of all, I love your car, but that big FANGS emblem looks odd on the back. Just my opinion of course. That yellow vert is just sweet. I love how slammed it is. Don't care for the yellow center FANGS on the wheels. Im a fan of the 10-spokes when the car is lowered, especially when the wheels are black, but this still looks really good.

This pic of your car (from the above pics) is my favorite. Just a good angle.

Thanks a lot Austin it really means a lot coming from you as I know how good of an eye you have for this kind of things. You know, what I would really like to have in the back is the fangs brake light as the coupe has, however the street serpent body keeps the vert break light (probably a good move from Jeff when talking costs). I think the previous owner felt the same way about the break emblem and that might be one of the reasons he put the fangs emblem on the back.

I too found it a bit busy but I kind of like it because it helps the cars behind me realize what they are looking at especially women. Not everyone is car nut. I have had some people tell me "that's not a viper it's way too good looking to be a viper", and I'm like "mmm... how many vipers have you seen in person?". Because although the street serpent body does change the looks in a good way, all other SRT10s and all vipers for that matter look awesome.

I had a ride on the yellow one on the owners second run. He might not be the fastest around the course but he sure knows how to have fun with it, his car is supercharged and it spins pretty good too.

Last edited:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you said, just looks a little busy. But, if you like it, that's all that matters. At least it isn't wings and vinyl flames from AutoZone.:crazy2: lol And thanks for comment.

Thanks a lot Austin it really means a lot coming from you as I know how good of an eye you have for this kind of things. You know, what I would really like to have in the back is the fangs brake light as the coupe has, however the street serpent body keeps the vert break light (probably a good move from Jeff when talking costs). I think the previous owner felt the same way about the break emblem and that might be one of the reasons he put the fangs emblem on the back.

I too found it a bit busy but I kind of like it because it helps the cars behind me realize what they are looking at especially women. Not everyone is car nut. I have had some people tell me "that's not a viper it's way too good looking to be a viper", and I'm like "mmm... how many vipers have you seen in person?". Because although the street serpent body does change the looks in a good way, all other SRT10s look awesome.

I had a ride on the yellow one on the owners second run. He might not be the fastest around the course but he sure knows how to have fun with it, his car is supercharged and it spins pretty good too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950