I THINK I HAVE COME UP WITH THE PERFECT VIPER IF SOMEONE CAN MAKE IT!!!!!

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after reading steves thread about converting his vert to a coupe and looking at some of the tops and such on the net i have come up with a PERFECT viper design ( perfect in my opinion anyway) :bonker:

fairly easy steps...

1. start with steve's coupe fastback design and REMOVE the soft top altogether from the vehicle. this will free up a BUNCH of space and weight.

2. install a roll bar like the one autoform or vipair makes to give rigidity and safety.

3. split the top into 2 sections. it would be the trunk and fastback glass area and then a separate TARGA top over the seats. then you could have a coupe or roadster in one car. the extra space made from pulling out the top would be easily used to mount the top on the underside of the trunk on clips. you would simply open the trunk and pop the top into place like the acura nsx.

whatcha think steve???

regards
george

oh and austin !!!!!!
:needpics:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George,

I llike your thinking and once we start production, I think I'll sacrifice one of our tops and cut it up and see if this is a workable option.

Steve

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But it still wouldn't be a true convertible...just my .02

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was just telling my buddy the same thing last week. Though it would work like the Vette in a way, I think it would be a neat option to have. Im now torn as I was never a convertible guy, but have become used to having the whole top down. The targa top feature would still be cool though.