I Want My MIS ( **** /Water Injection System)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds great Sean.

I just have 3 questions for you

1. You say theres a spot on the GTS to put the resevior what about the RT??

2. will this allow us to be able to run more boost I.E. 12psi or more now??

3. will this setup be safe with nos??

Thanks Sean

Keep up the great work.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a Roe charger it is the only real easy way to cool the charge, but on turbos or paxton charger its a band aid for not doing a properly designed innercooler.

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an amazing price for a system like this. I would like to know If I can make it work with the paxton kit I have using the vec II software I also have. I'll email you sean. I would also like to add that I have an aquamist system on my turbo saab. I know were talking apples to oranges, but I could not believe the difference in max boost I was able to achieve. I use good old plain water tapped into the saabs stock windshield water bottle. I have been running it for close to 3 years now without a hitch. Of course the system I use does not have a controller-it works off of a pressure switch that is adjustable.
Is this a band-aid? Maybe so, but it's a damn good one that can only give a person with a blower or a turbo setup a little piece of mind.
My saab has a hell of a lot of modifications that allows me to run 21 psi of boost all day on 91 octane gas. The car has what is called an APC (all stock saabs have them-older) that will kick back boost at the slightest bit of knock. Without water it would kick back at about 17 psi. With water, max useable turbo pressure from the turbo I'm running have is 21 psi and it will boost to that all day. My car has over 200,000 miles on it-stock head and block. I feel there is no way my car would of made it this long in the past 3 years or close to 40,000 miles if it wasn't for the water injection. I'm a true believer.
Damn, I sound like a salesman or something. Anyhoo, that's my 2 cents.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Regarding water or water / **** mix, the benefit we see is the ability to run more timing advance. You could consider the methanol as an aid to the factory fuel system if you were running short on pump at high HP levels (we're still using the stock fuel pump, lines and filter with a voltage booster running the water / **** mix). I don't see any problem using distilled water and no methanol for most situations, even on my own car.
With the size of the nozzles we're using, we didn't see much difference in the air / fuel ratio. It got a little richer, but not to the point where it decreased power. So, changes to the VEC2 program will primarily be to reduce / eliminate the timing retard (we're going to suggest leaving in about 1-2 degrees retard from stock advance in the 2000 RPM range).

Sean, It sounds like running straight water is a viable option for people running lower boost. I will be running 8psi with stock heads, headers, rockers and fuel pump. Would I be a good candidate for running just water? Would I only loose 1 or 2 degrees advance versus running the 50/50?

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In reply to STUGOTS:

"1. You say theres a spot on the GTS to put the resevior what about the RT??"
A. Yes, the same spot, but it's in the truck. The GTS was the tougher one to size a reservoir in.

"2. will this allow us to be able to run more boost I.E. 12psi or more now??"
A. There are several people who have been running around 12 psi already. The cooling of the water, or water / **** will allow you to add timing advance back (more power) and / or run higher boost. We found that we were able to cool the air more with water / **** than we could with an air to water intercooler, as it can actually cool the air well below ambient intake air temperatures.

"3. will this setup be safe with nos??"
A. Yes.

Here's a link to Snow Performance's FAQ page:
http://www.snowperformance.net/faq.asp

Regards,
Sean

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

One of the Q&A's on the Snowperformance site discusses using water/**** injection on N/A engines and that there is a benefit. What do you think about your setup on Vipers with intake, headers, VEC-1, flywheel, gears, etc. like my 97 GTS?

Thanks,

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We sized the water / **** injection nozzles to flow 15% of the flow of the ten fuel injectors.

Thanks for the info Sean! One question, does this mean their will be different nozzles and programs for different size injectors?

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torquemonster,
It would be nice not to have to worry about methanol, especially on long trips. Pretty much everything I have read touts using methanol along with the water. Can you provide any basis as to why you don't think the methanol is of any value? Even at a 50/50 ratio, doesn't the methanol provide an octane boost that you wouldn't get with water alone?

methanol is NOT needed. It does help - but what it adds is small. Water on its own is more than adequate for all but the most finely tuned engines - look at the chart posted here - water is a better coolant than methanol. The only time you HAVE to run methanol on a street engine with the water is to stop freezing. If you live where it will not freeze - you do not need to add it - just run distilled water. Tap water will work but can/will form residue and may clog jets over time.

I ran 24 degrees timing at 9:1 compression at 18psi boost on 91 octane with water only - never added methanol at any time. Didn't use distilled water either - but then I did regular maintenance so wasn't concerned about the jets. The car was awesome and never detonated ever.

Hope that helps

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those thinking about DYI setups - forget the old days. The water must be atomized properly and that requires over 100psi pressure for a start. If you can't achieve that don't waste your time.

Don't discount the DIY setups please. It's all in the nozzle/s and pressure...can that not be done DIY ???? Wait, I already know the answer, thanks.

lol Tony - if yours works that's great! If it makes less than 100psi and works - more power to you.

For everyone else - I still suggest 100psi to ensure you get adequate atomization... it greatly enhances your chances of success.

Sean Roe has done a really good service for Vipers here and the applications are way beyond his own sc kits. Utahviper did something very similar a while back and was picking up 6-8mph on the 1/4 with his SC car as I recall. That would make it the most cost effective way to get more power from your boosted car than anything else short of nitrous IF you can tune it.

Personally I'd run this package on a Twin Turbo car as well - they love it. Don't let anyone scare you off - long as you follow Seans advice - and get it tuned properly for water - there is no down side unless you be stupid and forget to check the water when refilling the gas. Get a water level and blocked jet warning light!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In reply to STUGOTS:

"1. You say theres a spot on the GTS to put the resevior what about the RT??"
A. Yes, the same spot, but it's in the truck. The GTS was the tougher one to size a reservoir in.

"2. will this allow us to be able to run more boost I.E. 12psi or more now??"
A. There are several people who have been running around 12 psi already. The cooling of the water, or water / **** will allow you to add timing advance back (more power) and / or run higher boost. We found that we were able to cool the air more with water / **** than we could with an air to water intercooler, as it can actually cool the air well below ambient intake air temperatures.

"3. will this setup be safe with nos??"
A. Yes.

Here's a link to Snow Performance's FAQ page:
http://www.snowperformance.net/faq.asp

Regards,
Sean

Thanks for answering my questions Sean. You sold me

I gotta get a that blower and this kit ASAP

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STUGOTS, Don't waste your time on any other poser mods, I can tell you want Chuck Tator to install a Roe S/C in the worst way along with the water/**** kit...Get one of those 1.9% credit card offers for a year and get it before the Tators barbecue, you only live once, It is worth the sacrifice. You will sport major wood when you drop the hammmer on that RT/10 with a blower ...00PROWLER... :p :p :p

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STUGOTS, Don't waste your time on any other poser mods, I can tell you want Chuck Tator to install a Roe S/C in the worst way along with the water/**** kit...Get one of those 1.9% credit card offers for a year and get it before the Tators barbecue, you only live once, It is worth the sacrifice. You will sport major wood when you drop the hammmer on that RT/10 with a blower ...00PROWLER... :p :p :p

MAN I wish I could get a CC with that kinda limit on it but at my age (21) their not too willing to give me that kinda limit otherwise I would have one hands down, your right I want one more then ANYTHING in this world man......someday.

BTW since I saw yours at Chucks I wanted one even more.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol Tony - if yours works that's great! If it makes less than 100psi and works - more power to you.

For everyone else - I still suggest 100psi to ensure you get adequate atomization... it greatly enhances your chances of success.

Who said I was running less than 100psi ? In fact, it is well, well, over that :D

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
FYI - Sean used my 2000 ACR GTS as a test installation. I picked up my car from Sean and Dave last Monday and immediately left Jacksonvillr for Panoz racing school in Sebring. We will probably dyno the car next week and I will try to post the results. Increase in power was very noticable. LED light installed in AC vent showed when system was activated. I filled the gas and water/methanol tanks when I left Sebring - went 215 miles - and water/methanol tank was still 60% full. Again - I should be able to post more info next week.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI - Sean used my 2000 ACR GTS as a test installation. I picked up my car from Sean and Dave last Monday and immediately left Jacksonvillr for Panoz racing school in Sebring. We will probably dyno the car next week and I will try to post the results. Increase in power was very noticable. LED light installed in AC vent showed when system was activated. I filled the gas and water/methanol tanks when I left Sebring - went 215 miles - and water/methanol tank was still 60% full. Again - I should be able to post more info next week.

Hey Viperken,
What are your before numbers?

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm waiting to put mine on after the bugs are worked out. My Tech, (Ted May @ Valaya Racing) , told me we will mount the tank in the right wheel well area similar to where the battery is on the left side. Otherwise, we all know how little room there is in our RT/10 trunks to give away valuable space, especially on a long trip. He says you will fill it from the trunk through a cap leading down into the wheel well area.