I want red calipers for my 03 viper srt

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the best way TO get red calipers on my 03. I know you can get them from partsrack for about $900? Are there any other options? I want to keep the OEM logos. I called a powdercoading shop, body shop and all said they will not hold track conditions. My local dodge body shop said they can order the special red oem paint and keep the logos. As anyone ever painted them red and kept the logos? Thanks guys.

CAL

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2004 SRT-10 Red calipers:

Right Front #5136152AA MSRP $339.00
Left Front #5136153AA MSRP $339.00
Right Rear #5136154AA MSRP $339.00
Left Rear #5136155AA MSRP $339.00

25% off, plus shipping [buy 3 get one free!] :cool:

It's another option.

OP
OP
S

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER WIZARD, I thought the ones you order at the dealership come in black. My dodge parts guy said its the same part number as the 03 calipers.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tire Rack has a paint kit for calipers. I think this would work out very good. It's simple to do. This paint is especially made for this.

New calipers to change the color seems a little far out, unless the ones on the car were old and wore out.

Skip White

ps, Chuck is passing on a very good price on them, that I must say.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER WIZARD, I thought the ones you order at the dealership come in black. My dodge parts guy said its the same part number as the 03 calipers.

Your parts guy needs a little more schooling! :smirk:
Tell him to check my numbers.

OP
OP
S

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wizard. Let me confirm. So with those part numbers I can order them already painted red? or will I still need to paint them?

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy them from the Wizard! I bought mine from Chuck and they look great on my '03!

Thanks again Chuck!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally like the grey/silver especially w/ the silver car. May some day be a rare one year only specification(ok i am reaching), but i do like them better.

OP
OP
S

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks wizard! If i ever decide to go with red calipers I will order them from you. Im still debating whether the black or red look better on silver. Can't decide. Thanks everyone.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have speical way to powdercoat them and it will hold up to 500 degrees, which is way way more enough for the track...here are some pictures for the older vipers, but i can do the new SRT ones same way and way way cheaper than buy them new from dealer...pm or e-mail me for ordering details...thanks

new_stuff_003.jpg

new_stuff_006.jpg

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
we can powdercoat them in silver with black metalic "viper" word on it...it will be hot

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron they look ok, but they are not OEM! What kind of a Warranty are giving on your calipers?
DC gives 12 Months / 12,000 miles on theirs [for any reason]. :smirk:

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
all calipers are OEM, because all calipers we do are on exchange, so there is no warranty on calipers themself, about the powdercoating and chroming, we know for sure we don't have any problems at all....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What's the best way TO get red calipers on my 03. I know you can get them from partsrack for about $900? CAL

True: PartsRack is $900 for all 4. ($225 each)
And we take the OEs back in trade for a credit.

PAINTING THEM YOURSELF as suggested (!!) won't leave the letters you desire and could end up a mess.

Venom'550s are indeed OE Gen1-2 and look great !

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you hook up with the guy who posted the recent post called "The meaning of Allblack"? He has red calipers and needs black. You two could swap, no cost.

OP
OP
S

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im PMed him no response yet. I wish I can just do a direct trade save me some $$$ : )

OP
OP
S

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im PMed ALLBLACK no response yet. I wish I can just do a direct trade save me some $$$ : )

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
FYI. Not all 04 calipers are RED. My 2004 SRT-10 Yellow/black stripes VCA Spec Edition comes with black calipers. Please see pics with the link below.

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
FYI. Not all 04 calipers are RED. My 2004 SRT-10 Yellow/black stripes VCA Spec Edition comes with black calipers. Please see pics with the link below.

Do you know why your '04 has black calipers?
Because it's a one of a kind super duper rare VCA special edition SRT/10 Viper!
God I hate you....(just kidding) :D :D