I won!! Spiderman Viper!!! Help/Advice/Anything

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, I just walked home with a 2002 Spiderman Dodge Viper (from Cingular Wireless). I have some questions...first, the car only has 86 miles on it, what is the correct amount of rpm's to keep the car under during the break in period? (I have kept it under 2000 rpm's so far). The paint job is by Rob Soroka, what should I do to keep it the cleanest I can without scratching it at all? Should I wax it or not, it looks like someone that was showing the car around the US waxed it already? (I have Zaino products ready to go if I should wax it). I drove it home but that is all I have driven it, can you help me with some differences between my 95 RT and a 02 GTS? The feel of the car is incredibly different from the 95. How much could this car be worth and how do I find out? Anyone interested in the car or seeing it, let me know at [email protected]

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take it off your hands for a few weeks and break it in properly.
wink.gif

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You lucky dog! Congratulations! Hey, do a search on break in procedures, you'll find a lot of good info.

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I should have done a search on the break in procedure before asking anyway.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You go boy... Always good to know that some of these sweepstakes actually have winners...

Who was the other winner? Did they just forget to give me a call?
smile.gif

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap! Good job man!

Now, bring it to my house! I'm about 30 minute from ya! I wanna see this thing

James

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just looked at the Cingular Wireless site,. but they don't have any pics up yet. The photographer is supposed to contact me with some pics, but I didn't have a digital camera there so I can't put any of my own pics up.
MadMaxx we should definitely get together and I'll show you the car, only problem is I'm a little afraid, for fear of getting hit, rock chips in paint, other people taking a key to it...so I may not bring it up to Simpsonville, but then again I might take a road trip up to show you, I have other people in the area I can show too so...we'll see..email and we'll get together, Paul, [email protected]

Thanks for all the congratualtions, I still can't believe they gave me a car!!!!!
bounce.gif
yesnod.gif

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can drive to ya if needed, I understand the paranoia on the car!

I'll bring the camera for all the photo-hungry guys here
smile.gif

lemme know what your schedule is like this weekend.

James

OP
OP
P

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone is more than welcome to come see the car, if you want, or ride in it, but unfortunatley I am not going to be able to drive to you. Unless you are a female VCA member
wink.gif
may be room for some exceptions. But seriously if anyone wants to get in contact with me feel free, you are more than welcome to come see the car if you like, thanks for everything, you guys are great...Paul

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul:

You are lucky! Congratulations. Well, someone will eventually bring this up so figured I would.......taxes. Sales and income to be exact. Guy who won one of the recent raffle cars said the combined taxes he owed came to about $30K.

Happy vipering!

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG, OMG,OMG, I'm so happy a Viper OWNER got the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I wax it for you!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

I hope you will let me drive up and show it to my 4yr old son.

Okay, he's my excuse!!

Chuck

RSenn94RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Paul. I am glad you won it.

I would love to come see it.

If you are going to be around Columbia somewhere tomorrow, I would love to hook up with you.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paul:
Hey all, I just walked home with a 2002 Spiderman Dodge Viper (from Cingular Wireless). I have some questions...first, the car only has 86 miles on it, what is the correct amount of rpm's to keep the car under during the break in period? (I have kept it under 2000 rpm's so far). The paint job is by Rob Soroka, what should I do to keep it the cleanest I can without scratching it at all? Should I wax it or not, it looks like someone that was showing the car around the US waxed it already? (I have Zaino products ready to go if I should wax it). I drove it home but that is all I have driven it, can you help me with some differences between my 95 RT and a 02 GTS? The feel of the car is incredibly different from the 95. How much could this car be worth and how do I find out? Anyone interested in the car or seeing it, let me know at [email protected]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember, "with great power comes great responsibility"
smile.gif

Way cool, I MUST SEE IT/RIDE IN IT!!!! You hear me Paul?

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Technical Service Bulletin
Group: Engine
Date: Feb 25, 2000
Subject: Replacement Engine Break-in Procedure
Models: 1992-2000 (SR) Viper Roadster/Coupe
Discussion: The following break-in procedure is suggested for any New Viper Engine.
Share this information with you customers as needed.

During the first 1000 miles (1610 km):
1. Avoid long periods of engine idling.
2. Wait until the engine has reached operating temperature before driving
enthusiastically.
3. Check the engine oil level at each fuel fill since a new engine may consume some oil
during the first few thousand miles (this is normal and not a sign of an engine problem).
4. Keep the vehicle speed below 70 mph (113 km/h).
5. Do not make any full throttle starts or full throttle accelerations.
6. Avoid driving at a constant engine rpm for long periods as follows:

. First 200 miles interval (322 km), light throttle run-ups shifting at a maximum of 2500
rpm.
. In addition, it is suggested to change the engine oil within the first 200 miles of engine
break-in.

. Second 200 miles interval (322 km), light throttle run-ups shifting at a maximum of
3500 rpm.

. Third 200 miles interval (322 km), light throttle run-ups shifting at a maximum of
4000 rpm.

. Fourth 200 miles interval (322 km), light throttle run-ups shifting at a maximum of
4500 rpm.

. Fifth 200 miles interval (322 km), light throttle run-ups shifting at a maximum of 5000
rpm.

Policy: Information Only

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Paul,
I dont agree with jim. Make her a garage queen. Thats going to be ONE VERY VERY COLLECTABLE car you have there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper