If you are a VCA Member...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris,
I know normally the membership runs from the 1st of Jan thru 31 Dec. Since I would be a returning member(out for a year or so), would applying now be thru Dec 2008 or when it got approved(example Oct 07-Oct 08)? Would I get the $60 option? Also, being deployed, I don't have my VIN available. Will it get kicked back with out my two cars VIN's?

F4PHANTOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fool me once...I was a 7 year member and dropped out due to not getting my VCA Mag. after repeated calls to VCA. Then decided due to local VCA Club encouragement to come back Sept.'05 for $60. Was told that was the deal by Lee Stubberfield and Kim Volk. Get my CC bill and was charged $100 for the Sept. thru Dec. membership. Called Kim and was told they(VCA) always charge $100 for even a partial year membership and that I was not told $60. Told her she was wrong and demanded credit of $40. Waited 6 months...no credit. Called Kim and she said I'd get it. Waited 8 months...no credit. Called Kim and told again I would get it. She asked me if I wanted to go ahead and renew for next year(this was last Nov. when renewals start for the next year) and I said I would after I got my credit. Now 9 months later and no credit. Needless, to say I will never again be a VCA member. Your customer service, follow thru and integrity are a joke. I suggest that anyone that believes this $60 offer pay by check only so the VCA can't rip you off on your CC. Good luck with your membership drive!:lmao:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris,
I know normally the membership runs from the 1st of Jan thru 31 Dec. Since I would be a returning member(out for a year or so), would applying now be thru Dec 2008 or when it got approved(example Oct 07-Oct 08)? Would I get the $60 option? Also, being deployed, I don't have my VIN available. Will it get kicked back with out my two cars VIN's?

Sorry for the delayed reply! Technically we offer the reduced rate ONLY for new members. So if you are renewing (even months later) you would pay the $100 rate. The reason for this is that many of us are in colder climates and are cheap: We would rather pay $60 starting in the summer rather than $100 in the dead of winter. Of course much of those dues go to VIPER magazine (year-round) and regional holiday parties (winter), so go figure. If your membership has lapsed for a year or more it may be a different story - let me check on that. One thing is sure: You MUST have a valid Viper VIN in order to be a VCA member. In your case if you have the same car(s) that VIN may already be on file from your previous membership. I will check to see the exact policy on "lapsed" memberships vs. renewals vs. new. Will post what I find!

If I joined now in July, does that mean my membership would expire Dec 31st 2007?
That is correct: All prorated memberships are for the calendar year in which they are paid. So your $60 will cover the remainder of 2007.

Fool me once...I was a 7 year member and dropped out due to not getting my VCA Mag. after repeated calls to VCA. Then decided due to local VCA Club encouragement to come back Sept.'05 for $60. Was told that was the deal by Lee Stubberfield and Kim Volk. Get my CC bill and was charged $100 for the Sept. thru Dec. membership. Called Kim and was told they(VCA) always charge $100 for even a partial year membership and that I was not told $60. Told her she was wrong and demanded credit of $40. Waited 6 months...no credit. Called Kim and she said I'd get it. Waited 8 months...no credit. Called Kim and told again I would get it. She asked me if I wanted to go ahead and renew for next year(this was last Nov. when renewals start for the next year) and I said I would after I got my credit. Now 9 months later and no credit. Needless, to say I will never again be a VCA member. Your customer service, follow thru and integrity are a joke. I suggest that anyone that believes this $60 offer pay by check only so the VCA can't rip you off on your CC. Good luck with your membership drive!
Hmmm, where to start? First off, I think it is very important to establish one important fact: The Viper Club of America is an all-volunteer organization without one single paid employee. None. We pay other companies to provide various services such as accounting, legal work (raffle filings), conference call services, web hosting, etc.

The main vendor we utilize is JR Thompson Company out of Farmington Hills, MI. That company provides a myriad of services such as raffle administration, event coordination, awards, national election notices, board meeting support, etc. Oh yeah - and every single renewal that comes in from the US. They collect the money, issue any credits, and distribute (and publish) VIPER magazine. How much does the National VCA get from those membership dues? Let's see, add the twelve here, subtract fifteen there, multiple by the number of rabbits then.. oh yeah, I remember now: ZERO. Not one single solitary PENNY from your dues goes back to the National VCA. We pay JRT almost exclusively from raffle proceeds, as well as the odd dollar or two from website advertising and merchandise sales. And we DO pay JRT each and every month for services rendered. I know this for a fact as I write those checks and have yet to see one returned uncashed.

Now we, as a club, need to make sure we are getting our money's worth. That is NOT to say that JRT or anybody else is doing a poor job of it, but simply that as we are paying the bills we can demand a certain level of service from our vendors. Dodge won't stand for faulty parts for their cars and we need to make sure we are getting certain levels of quality from those vendors that profit from the VCA. It's simply good business.

The bottom line is that your membership dues are/were handled by a third party for which the VCA is paying. If that third party vendor is not handling your issue in a manner that you feel is sufficient, simply contact your local VCA or any VCA officer and explain the situation. We can then bring the issue to the vendor directly and get it resolved one way or another.

I apologize that your experience was not a good one. Rest assured that should you pursue your membership again the VCA will monitor it to make sure you are happy. Also rest assured that we, as the VCA, take this very seriously. Especially when it comes to customer service, follow through, and integrity. We don't compromise on that.

PS. With the few replies posted since I started writing this I am going to "moderate" them off of this thread. Thanks for your understanding!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fool me once...I was a 7 year member and dropped out due to not getting my VCA Mag. after repeated calls to VCA. Then decided due to local VCA Club encouragement to come back Sept.'05 for $60. Was told that was the deal by Lee Stubberfield and Kim Volk. Get my CC bill and was charged $100 for the Sept. thru Dec. membership. Called Kim and was told they(VCA) always charge $100 for even a partial year membership and that I was not told $60. Told her she was wrong and demanded credit of $40. Waited 6 months...no credit. Called Kim and she said I'd get it. Waited 8 months...no credit. Called Kim and told again I would get it. She asked me if I wanted to go ahead and renew for next year(this was last Nov. when renewals start for the next year) and I said I would after I got my credit. Now 9 months later and no credit. Needless, to say I will never again be a VCA member. Your customer service, follow thru and integrity are a joke. I suggest that anyone that believes this $60 offer pay by check only so the VCA can't rip you off on your CC. Good luck with your membership drive!:lmao:

Not getting a $40 credit can be traumatic. It's almost a whole tank of gas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery