If you are in the market for a Viper GTS ACR

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an UNBELIEVABLE deal in the classifieds for a 01 Sapphire ACR that Dealmaker owns. I have to say it IS priced to sell. If you don't jump on this thing fast you are NOT really in the market for a Viper. I wish I had the cash and spot in my garage I would be all over this thing.

Where were these deals when I was looking for a car. :(

Unmolested ACR Sapphire/ Silver - ViperClub Classifieds

I wouldn't wait, this this will not last very long at all IMHO (assuming he has it listed in other places). Quality low mile cars like this are getting farther and fewer apart, not to mention in a desirable one year only color like Sapphire.

Good luck with the sale Dealmaker. :2tu:

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a very nice ACR, but I highly doubt he'll get his asking price...

I agree 100%. It is a nice, clean well maintained car, but his asking price is not in step with the current market, even with the low mileage. As an owner of a 01 ACR, I'd love to see those prices myself, but I purchased mine, with 9K miles, full StopTech brakes, Autoform roll bar, and R/T highflows, and full Corsa exhaust for just under $40K. I got all the stock parts, so I could return it to stock for resale.

Not trying to be a kill-joy, but I do think the price is a bit steep. Best of luck to him though, I hope he gets it!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems a little high. I have a buddy with an '06 coupe and 700HP that is selling for almost 3k less (rare color combo even).

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100%. It is a nice, clean well maintained car, but his asking price is not in step with the current market, even with the low mileage. As an owner of a 01 ACR, I'd love to see those prices myself, but I purchased mine, with 9K miles, full StopTech brakes, Autoform roll bar, and R/T highflows, and full Corsa exhaust for just under $40K. I got all the stock parts, so I could return it to stock for resale.

Not trying to be a kill-joy, but I do think the price is a bit steep. Best of luck to him though, I hope he gets it!

Cars like that with that low of mileage are getting harder and harder to find. There is a big difference between 9k and 2k IMHO. Vipers always seem to take much longer to sell than other cars since it is such a niche market but I suspect he will get his asking price despite the economy. Sure glad I am not selling mine now. :lmao: This is also the exact reason I would never post any of my cars on forums like this or the Corvette Forum when it comes time to sell.

I had people telling me my 02 Z06 was only worth 20 to 22k on the CF back when I was selling it last winter and I got close to 30 for it after I figured in my tax break and sold a few parts off it after I traded it in.

Sure, there are tons of great deals on average cars or red (no offense to red owners) GTS's but a Sapphire ACR with 2000 miles if far from average.

Just for the record, when I was looking if I saw a GTS with those mods I walked away. Not saying it is not a nice car, just not something I would not consider unless I planned on tracking or adding those mods myself.

You gotta love these price threads. Not what I intended... :nono: If you do not like what somebody is asking for their car it is usually polite to not say anything and look elsewhere if you are a buyer. JMHO :dunno:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats very low mileage and im sure its nice but its not worth that kinda money. sorry.

beautiful car though

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta love these price threads. Not what I intended... :nono:

You have to admit, though. This kind of post ALWAYS ends up with a value discussion.

I have to agree that there are some people who want a like new, unmolested Gen 2 Viper. They want what they want, and they'll pay for it. This is the car for them.

Last edited:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta love these price threads. Not what I intended... :nono: If you do not like what somebody is asking for their car it is usually polite to not say anything and look elsewhere if you are a buyer. JMHO :dunno:

I think when a thread is started commenting on the great price of a car, it opens it up for opinions on the price, whether it's the same as yours or not.

Beautiful, low mileage Viper...just depends on how quickly the seller wants to find it's new home.

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to admit, though. This kind of post ALWAYS ends up with a value discussion.

I have to agree that there are some people who want a like new, unmolested Gen 2 Viper. They want what they want, and they'll pay for it. This is the car for them.
Exactly.

I think when a thread is started commenting on the great price of a car, it opens it up for opinions on the price, whether it's the same as yours or not.

Beautiful, low mileage Viper...just depends on how quickly the seller wants to find it's new home.

Being a Sapphire/Silver is just coincidental. I would have posted the same thing had it been an 02 Graphite/Silver or even a 1999 or 2000 Black and Silver.

Had my opinion been a negative one I would not have commented. I think it was my mother that taught me, if I do not have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Pretty much what I expected from any forum though. :dunno:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to lean towards the price is a bit high, but if I was looking for a Sapphire ACR I would consider it as that clean of a car is rare and of course we all know Sapphire is the best looking color!!!

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was my mother that taught me, if I do not have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Yeah, don't we hear this alot...these certainly aren't the good ol' days anymore. Newer teachings are to speak up and give your opinion, no matter if it's positive or negative. It's a new world ;).

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a one of a kind car. I would love to own it.

I considered it very briefly before I bought mine in October 2007. I don't think there has been many miles added since. In 2.5 years it has dropped in price a fair bit if I recall the amount correctly. In hindsight, I'm glad I went with a car that was in very nice condition but not perfect and had been driven 12k miles. It would be hard to take this beauty for drives with my crew.....

The owner is obviously not in a hurry and has other cars to drive and enjoy.

This car will be one of those "right car for the right guy" scenarios.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As far as the Sapphire ACR being a 'rare' color it's one of 49.

My 2000 ACR RED with silver stripes is one of 25. Sounds weird but ...

I do prefer Sapphire color, but from the general public's reaction, I'm weird. I get at least triple the comments on my "pretty" RED Viper. I'm sure that RED gets a lot more trophies than Sapphire.

I don't think it's a driver car - it's a Museum or garage queen car. "Unmolested" (to me) means that the tires and Cats need to be replaced before it gets driven. Only problem being that the dumb museums aren't collecting GTSs yet. I don't know why since I saw a few years old (2003?) world's fastest Jaguar at the Imperial Car Gallery, but no Vipers, and although they had many old Shelby GT cars there, NO Ford GT. Wonder what they're waiting for? At the car show my 2000 ACR was a contender for People's Choice.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since there was a comment made against modifications, I figured I should point out that MY modified ACR eats Ferraris, Porsches, Maseratis, ZR1s and Z06s that they aren't even worth comparing. I also upgraded the brakes and the exhaust sounds awesome - although a little quiet for my tastes.

The rear springs were also replaced with front springs and rides great!

I hope the car sells at the listed price and if it was well taken care of it should go to a collector or museum. Then those 10 year old tires will work great and add to the originality!

Ted

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta love these price threads. Not what I intended... :nono: If you do not like what somebody is asking for their car it is usually polite to not say anything and look elsewhere if you are a buyer. JMHO :dunno:[/QUOTE]

I agree with you to an extent, but you started the post, and we're just politely responding with our opinions. I don't see anything wrong with saying a price is too high (or too low for that matter). It is what it is....We all hope he gets everything he's asking, but the facts don't seem to pan that out.

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since there was a comment made against modifications, I figured I should point out that MY modified ACR eats Ferraris, Porsches, Maseratis, ZR1s and Z06s that they aren't even worth comparing. I also upgraded the brakes and the exhaust sounds awesome - although a little quiet for my tastes.

The rear springs were also replaced with front springs and rides great!

I hope the car sells at the listed price and if it was well taken care of it should go to a collector or museum. Then those 10 year old tires will work great and add to the originality!

Ted

I do not think anybody was disputing that modifed Vipers are faster than anything on the road, that is a well known fact.

I think the point is that any car that is modifed is usually devalued when it comes time to sell. Not only do you usually lose the money you invested but you also usually devalue the car even more. There are some exceptions to the rule when the cars are done by some well known tuners with Callaway being a good example when it comes to the Corvette and maybe Hennessey or Lingerfelter. Callaway cars are actually recognized by the NADA.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Nice... Price reflects a car still on MSO not yet titled... Great car for someone that has the ultimate man cave museum but putting 6 or 7,000 miles on this car will cost you about $20k...

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
beautiful car for sure, but i do agree with the others that this is not the deal of the century.

also, if anyone is going to comment about the value of anything, here or wherever, they have to expect differing opinions. its not a matter of being nice or not, its a matter of being honest in an open forum that discusses all sides of the posted topic in EVERY thread. if someone doesnt want to hear a differing opinion about a topic, then i suggest not starting a thread in the first place.

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very Nice... Price reflects a car still on MSO not yet titled... Great car for someone that has the ultimate man cave museum but putting 6 or 7,000 miles on this car will cost you about $20k...

Exactly. If you buy a new Corvette it cost you 20k the second you drive off the lot. I agree if you plan on racking up the mileage you can save yourself a lot of money but I would rather pay a little extra and know I have a quality car rather than one that somebody tracked the crap out of.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

+1 Beautiful example !!!! If hes smart he will keep it...IF IF IF,lol.I would have bought it already...IF:(....Iam sure someone will pay close to his asking price as its only original once and has a pretty rare color combo...(not rare because its an ugly combo either) Kevin

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do not think anybody was disputing that modifed Vipers are faster than anything on the road, that is a well known fact.

I think the point is that any car that is modifed is usually devalued when it comes time to sell. Not only do you usually lose the money you invested but you also usually devalue the car even more.

Not sure where you got that idea? I've never seen any modified Viper for anwyhere near the price of a stocker. Go to the classifieds and look at the cost of any of the modified Vipers. None are cheaper than stock.

Stock means you need to buy new tires, Hiflow cats, exhaust, stereo upgrades, air intake, etc. so that the car is comfortable and sounds nice. lightweight brakes and wheels so the car can handle nearly as well as a Gen 4. 2000 and before need the rear brake upgrade to be as good at stopping as the Gen 3s.

Upgrades aren't all about speed, they're about stopping in 8% less distance. Better gas mileage and less cabin heat with Hi-flows. Better stopping and much less danger in wet than PS1s. The Gen 1s came with the worst tires and the Gen 3s came with runcraps. Why would anyone pay extra for garbage??? A museum would pay more for ORIGINAL, even though it is garbage and much less safe. Safety doesn't matter if the car gets parked with no gas, oil or battery. Driving is different.

That is why I suggested a collector car.

After a person spends $30,000 on a new, unbreakable engine for their $13,000 worth of Supercharger, they do not sell it stock prices. I paid an extra 25% for my Sapphire GTS and after purchasing it I spent $10,000 on Gen 3 brakes, Bluetooth Stereo, complete speaker upgrade, Titanium rear axles, HID headlights, etc. If I was to sell it now (with $50,000 miles) I would ask for $65,000, not the stock value of $42,000. I am asking $56,000 for my car show winner, Paxton supercharged, modified ACR, not the stock value of about $45,000. About $140,000 has been spent on this ACR.

And I do realize that to a Museum the modifications lower it's value because it's too good and not representative of ordinary.

Ted

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most people like an unmodified car because the modified cars have usually been driven pretty hard. Why have a car that makes 900 H.P. and not use it??? Doesn't make sense. Personally, I like modifying my cars, but there are some that I wouldn't dream of touching like my 2000 Cobra R. In any case, I always prefer to buy a car as stock as possible and then modify it as I see fit, that way I know what is going on with the car and I can make sure that someone else didn't beat the bag out of it. I also enjoy the whole process of modding. Gives me something to do and look forward to. Always love when those UPS packages full of goodies arrive. Like Christmas every time.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Came in looking for UNBELIEVABLE deal - left without finding one.

Ditto! Where is this unbelievable deal??? The car sold new for about $70k. He is selling a 9-year old car for $12k less than he paid. The car is not a collector car yet...and you can't say for sure that it will ever be. So the collector value is complete speculation. This is not an unbelievable deal.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My ACR has 920bhp and I havn't used more than 685bhp yet. Nitrous is expensive and ONLY for competitions, money racing, drags, etc. Since I have no intentions of street racing, going to the drags or road course my car idles down the road at 1450rpm for 99% of it's running time. There is no where on the street that 920rshp can be used. With 450bhp I might have to full throttle the car to pass at highway speeds, but with double that I seldom use mor than 1/2 throttle to pass.

Sorry, but anyone that runs 685bhp "hard" will crash because it's not like an ordinary car, it has double the power and needs an extrememly intelligent careful driver to survive. Just using full throttle at 50-90mph with only 685bhp (no Nitrous) means that if the road is wet or there is dust ... you could lose control and die. Track cars are driven hard street cars can't be driven hard if modified. So cars are babied more than stockers. In the 4,000 miles since I bought this ACR I have dropped the clutch and used full throtle through second gear twice (videos on youtube) and that's it. That's babied, not abused.

Ted

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ACR has 920bhp and I havn't used more than 685bhp yet. Nitrous is expensive and ONLY for competitions, money racing, drags, etc. Since I have no intentions of street racing, going to the drags or road course my car idles down the road at 1450rpm for 99% of it's running time. There is no where on the street that 920rshp can be used. With 450bhp I might have to full throttle the car to pass at highway speeds, but with double that I seldom use mor than 1/2 throttle to pass.

Sorry, but anyone that runs 685bhp "hard" will crash because it's not like an ordinary car, it has double the power and needs an extrememly intelligent careful driver to survive. Just using full throttle at 50-90mph with only 685bhp (no Nitrous) means that if the road is wet or there is dust ... you could lose control and die. Track cars are driven hard street cars can't be driven hard if modified. So cars are babied more than stockers. In the 4,000 miles since I bought this ACR I have dropped the clutch and used full throtle through second gear twice (videos on youtube) and that's it. That's babied, not abused.

Ted

"street cars can't be driven hard if modified" I totally disagree with that statement. I have owned and currently own highly modified street cars that I drive pretty hard. They are purpose built vehicles that are meant for the track and or road course and they are driven accordingly. To say that a modified street car can't be driven hard is just not true. Ever hear of someone driving their car to the track, running it and driving it back home again? I have.

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ted

I have to agree, 685bhp is a lot of hp for the street and it is very easy to hurt yourself if you are not careful. I could only imagine what 920bhp must be like.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang