IForged Wheels on Slate Coupe

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My new wheels arrived and I'm not sure whether I like them yet. :confused:

Aside from the fact that the car needs to be lowered (suspension on order), let's hear some honest opinions.

You must be registered for see images

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my opinion - They look good...Trials with out the groove in the spoke like Bat had?

Are those 20's in the rear?

The spokes look a little fat and curve a little too much...maybe they are 19's?

I think the silver color makes the thickness and curve of the spokes stand out more.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look great, what did you do with the ones you took off, if they are the 5 spoke, I would be interested

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car defenetly looks good but with the slate pearl paint you have I think it would have looked better if you with with polished/chrome wheels. Defenetly still a good lookin car :2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like stock size unless he has a 30 profile tire on the back. Wow that offset and dish is deep in front.

OP
OP
V

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appreciate the positive feedback. They are 19" fronts and 20" rears with Michelin PS2 275/30/19 and 335/30/20, which at this point in time is the only readily available tire for the rear.

They are the same style wheel as Bat's GTS, but the Gen III's cannot run that deep of a lip because of the rear brake caliper.

These wheels are brushed aluminum finish with a chrome lip. I seriously considered a full chrome, but wanted to try something different. I'll give it a few weeks and see what happens after the car is lowered.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shorter sidewall of the 345/25/20 pirelli makes the rim look bigger. That michelin is the supposed to be the best tire around though.

I really liked those wheels on Bat's car in the darker color....I'd say over the winter months, do something else with the center.

I've been thinking of having the centers of my 545r's black chromed. I saw a set of 547r's with black chrome centers and polished lips on a silver M3 last week, it looked REAL GOOD.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll give it a few weeks and see what happens after the car is lowered.

[/QUOTE]

i think it looks terrible, and seeing how much of a nice guy i am, i will take them off your hands right now! just go ahead and ship those bad boys to me! :headbang: :2tu: :nana:

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks very good. I am so glad to see you did not go with chrome or polished. I think it makes the car look so cheap IMO. Thats the one thing i hate about the stock vipers is the finish on the wheel.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there great looking but, aftermarket wheels always seems to go against the grain with me. JMO

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You nailed it. Those look awesome!!! The brushed idea is very cool. Kinda look painted, without the issue of paint chipping.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I think they look great. I also like the brushed centers versus polished and would never go with chrome centers as I think chrome looks "ghetto" and does not belong on a sports car. Also, chrome adds weight and the chroming process weakens the wheel. IMO, if you want to change the centers go with a gun metal powdercoat with your Pearl Slate.

OP
OP
V

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll give it a few weeks and see what happens after the car is lowered.

i think it looks terrible, and seeing how much of a nice guy i am, i will take them off your hands right now! just go ahead and ship those bad boys to me! :headbang: :2tu: :nana:

[/QUOTE]

What a guy! :D

OP
OP
V

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all that like the brushed center. The other feedback from the "other" site has a strong feeling on body color matched center. Photoshop is in the works and that may a decent option as well.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or maybe just full polish? They look similar to my 545r and if they look good on black they will look really good slate.

9384DSC02898-med.JPG

OP
OP
V

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure full polish would look great, but I was trying for a different look.

Thanks sportsdude.

Big thanks to Austin for the photoshopping. Austin came up with this along with a few other ideas as well.

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My new wheels arrived and I'm not sure whether I like them yet. :confused:

Aside from the fact that the car needs to be lowered (suspension on order), let's hear some honest opinions.

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I think those are the best rims I have seen on a Viper to date. Which model iForged are those? Congrats!

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just curious, why is chrome/polished so popular with Vipers? Just because its stock like that? It does not seem like anyother cars put polished or chrome on aftermarket wheels more then the Viper.

OP
OP
V

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim: Thanks man. They are the IForged Astra's.

SRTRicky: I'm contemplating that idea. :)

George: Thanks. I prefer the Slate without stripes. :)

Snakesonaplane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome!

Could be interesting to paint color of car (center) but you might loose the lines in doing so....

I think it looks stunning as is....finally some aftermarket wheels that actually look right on the car!

How much is a set?