Im a new viper owner :please read"

stevemaudsley

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello

Today I am the new owner of a beautiful stock 2004 srt silver.
9000 original miles new tires and not a mark on it.

Babied by a doctor and soon to be babied by me.

I was very scared and worried about this car and was strongly considering an 07 Vette.

The viper in my mind is the better looking car. After hours of worry of weather the viper was to much car I came to this conclusion.

After test driving again yesterday I said to myself

Yes the viper is a machine. 500 hp with tons of tork

But. If I treat the car with respect it will treat me with respect. I am buying it for the looks, sounds,and how it handles.

I thought back to basics. Years ago I ahd mustangs etc. No taction control, and no cell phones, coffee cups etc, two hands ont he wheel, Just good old pay attention driving. How novel.

There may be the odd time I will give it some gas on the highway to feel the power, never in a turn only on a straight stretch, and never full throtle and by doing this and driving sensible will allow me to enjoy my viper for years to come.

I am no longer scared of what I have read and realize many cars go fast. This one nees a little more care and by doing so It will be ok.

I now look forward to joining the club and contributing where I can

All have a great day.

I am always open for diving tips and will certainly take a driving training session to help my awarness in being a better and responsible driver. Hell this may ven help my regualar driving habits

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may say to yourself: "slow, slow, slow," but your right foot will be saying, "go! GO!!, GO!!!!." :D Enjoy the new ride and welcome.

~Craig

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello

Today I am the new owner of a beautiful stock 2004 srt silver.
I am always open for diving tips and will certainly take a driving training session to help my awarness in being a better and responsible driver. Hell this may ven help my regualar driving habits

Welcome to Viper World. You need to register your VIN with VCA so that you'll appear as a Viper Owner and even better is pay the $100 and become a VCA Member. It's well worth it. I just attended my first VCA event, a Viper cruise. It was a blast. It was a blast of 26 Vipers roaring their way across the countryside in Maryland and lunch with new friends who share a common interest.

I don't know where you live, but somewhere not too far from you is a road course where you can really learn to drive your beast. I live near DC and learned how to handle 500+ HP at Summit Point Motorsports Park in a program offered by BSR Inc. called Friday At The Track. At FATT you get 2 hours of classroom and 4 25 minute sessions on the track with an instructor riding along. Not only is it fun as all get out, you learn a lot that is applicable on track and street. Many tracks offer similar programs.

Enjoy your beast.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a local doctor here, and let me tell you he drives the **** out of his car.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car, enjoy it; the Viper will make you smile on days where a smile might have been tough to come by. Post some pics when you can, we'd love to see it!

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
S

stevemaudsley

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Excuse me

Baby means, washing, cleaning, repecting

Vipers are clasic, handmade

Think about the possibilities

The 3 big car companies cant funtion anymore like they do

Something has to give and someday the viper will be gone

Who would have ever thought a 427 big block vette would fetch over 100K in those days and to think how many got wrecked

Enjoy but dont destroy

Have fun

V

Venomiss

Welcome! Congratulations on getting your Viper. :2tu:
Be sure to look in the new owners section at the top of the page.

Gets you all kinds of information on how to join the VCA online and gets you some help in meeting other Viper owners in your area.

We'll be waiting for those pictures!

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:hello: and WELCOME

I know you will enjoy the Viper.

In a short time this little phrase could grab you "LET THE MODS BEGIN". I said to my self when I first got the Viper that I would keep it complete stock. Shoot- that last for 2 weeks.

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, doctors treat their cars really well.

(8000 miles, on my second motor and third set of brake pads, car gets washed less often than it goes to the track, original clutch - I did some drifting on the way to work this morning)

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome to the wonderful world of torque ! take a local driving school or something like Viper Days, or check local PCA(Porsche Club of America) do some driver ed./HPDE days and learn your and your new 3,300 + pound land missle limits ! ! ! The limits of this car cannot even begin to be explored on the road without doing something either really stupid, dangerous or a good combination of both. Get yourself a helmet! Getting you fun out on the track will make your street driving more relaxed, when you see how little you can really expore the capabilities on a street vs. a road course.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
welcome to the wonderful world of torque ! take a local driving school or something like Viper Days, or check local PCA(Porsche Club of America) do some driver ed./HPDE days and learn your and your new 3,300 + pound land missle limits ! ! ! The limits of this car cannot even begin to be explored on the road without doing something either really stupid, dangerous or a good combination of both. Get yourself a helmet! Getting you fun out on the track will make your street driving more relaxed, when you see how little you can really expore the capabilities on a street vs. a road course.

Well said and I couldn't agree more. In addition to the Porsche Club, look into the local Ferrari club as well. Here in the National Capital Region, the Ferrari club is happy to have us tag along for their weekends at the track. I haven't been able to join them yet, but I'll be there at their next event in the spring.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats!!!! Not to be a PAIN.....but the membership for the Viper Club (VCA) is now $115 per year......a bargain at half the price.....please join.....you'll never regret it...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
steve: congratulations on your silver SRT...and welcome aboard!!! Yes, please join the Viper Club...don't know where you are located, but the events are awesome everywhere.
Glad to see you already know to respect the BEAST...and I agree with your description of 'babying' it---washing/loving/respecting...sounds like a perfect match-up there!! ENJOY!
~juli

V

Venomiss

Congrats!!!! Not to be a PAIN.....but the membership for the Viper Club (VCA) is now $115 per year......a bargain at half the price.....please join.....you'll never regret it...

For brand new members it is $100 for their first time joining the VCA until December 31st.
Good for the rest of 2007 and all of 2008.
An even better deal:)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the party.

It's a thoroughbred so just respect it's power. Their no computers on board to save your ares.

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you think doctors are easy on cars?

Hi to all, I’m marysc6, wife of vincy. I'm on his login. He made some posts because we ordered a 2008 Viper.

Now on to the “doctor” thing and about doctors being easy on cars. Vincy is a doctor and he is brutal on cars. We have been racing Vets at track days, 500 hp Vets all set up for road racing. I don’t think we ever returned from the track without broken parts. On a good day we get to drive the car home, on other days its good we have the towing company on speed dial. Its not fun riding home in the cab of a flatbed.

I don’t think I can remember how much stuff he broke, but it includes wheels, at least 20 sets of rotors, not to mention the pads, springs in the front of the car, destroyed tires, and I’m guessing at least 6 clutches. We don't keep track any more.

So, stevemaudsley, don’t be so sure doctors are easy on cars.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang