OP
OP
C

Chinook47

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just paint them?

ehh :dunno:
Not really looking to permanently alter my car right now, I would like to be able to return it back to original at some point.

After seeing what the vinyl looks like on the portion I have completed,I don’t see why you would bother, it looks just as good.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think i heard about the place from a Viper Tony post? but i bought them through letters unlimited, 150' roll of premasked premium vinyl for about $150. Its nice having the extra so you can throw a bunch away if its not perfect. Im accumulating a nice big ball of it from trying to get this bumper done right.

The Avery A9 vinyl is good but remember it's sign vinyl so it's not the best out there but does the job well. If i do it again (I will because I scratched my stripes) I'll will go with Oracal or FDC vinyl which offers vehicle graphics, stripes and wraps types of vinyl. In fact, here's some on eBay: eBay Motors: Dodge Viper 8" Rally Stripes Stripe Decals SRT-10 GTS (item 270352649727 end time Apr-01-09 19:46:35 PDT)

ehh :dunno:
Not really looking to permanently alter my car right now, I would like to be able to return it back to original at some point.

After seeing what the vinyl looks like on the portion I have completed,I don’t see why you would bother, it looks just as good.

The downside to vinyl, is that it scratches very easily especially the thinner 2-3mil vinyl si you just have to be extra careful when washing/polishing. Some folks actually spray clear coat over the vinyl to help with protection as well trying to blend in the raised edges of the vinyl with the rest of the paint.

But done right, vinyl looks really good. I'd do it again.

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car goes in for paint on monday and the stripes will be soon afterwards. I also have an 09 Challenger to do so this should be fun. Good thing there is a vinyl wrap shop in my plaza to help! I will post pics after its done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang