Impressed

tbi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im very impressed with this genV.

11.4 @ 128.7 mph and 1.35 sec lap from the non acr viper on its first outing is quite impressive.

Also reading that the genV was actually pulling a lil harder in the straights than the zr1....

Wow!

At the same time with new gorgeous curves and an interior that rivals the Italians????

What more could you want?

What many seem to be forgetting is that this car replaces the 95k non acr gen4 wich ran 11.6 @ 127.0 and would do the same lap in 1.37.

For 98k you can get the faster better handling genV in base form at its lightest.

I belieave that we are gonna see some 11.1s at 130 mph from magazine test and that this genV is gonna take everyone by surprise at LS and the Ring once Srt puts the driver mod in the car.

Ive read many disapointed post. I for one am very impressed over a car of this rarity and caliber pulling as hard or harder than the supercharged zr1 naturally asperated. then nearly tying the 2008 ACR both in the 1.35 sec range at LS.

Shes started off at a very good point and wait till srt shows the true potential. My popcorns ready.

OP
OP
T

tbi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id personally have to call pulling harder on the straights than a zr1 a bit more than half full.

Only cars that can do that are the Bugatti Aventador ccx and now the Viper.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like the other way around..

What are you "looking" at?

FYI. The cars position's down the end of the straightaway is Mostly dependent on the Exit speed of the final turn (and how fast the driver was able to roll on the throttle).

A simple example:
car (A) with 400hp exiting the turn at 100 mph may still end up further down the straight than a 500hp car(B) exiting the turn at 80mph.

Yes, the 500hp Car B will "pull harder down the straight", but that doesn't mean it will win the race.

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Really? You think those times are impressive for a $141,000 car that is supposed to be "the best" American sports car made? Wow.

drl650

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like the other way around..
You must be registered for see images attach

Wow over a football field difference at the end of the run. Not even close? I still love the looks of the new Viper. Now will the Gen 7 Vette
up the annie even further? The Viper did NOT outpull the ZR1 anywhere on the track.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone notice that the MPH is always a difference of2 MPH except 2 spots where it's the same? Hamm maybe there is something just not right about how the test resultswere portrayed. Almost impossible to have the same MPH difference all over thetrack. If this was the case and seeing that the splits do not get longer as thelap goes on. I find it strange that the Corvette pulled so hard at the verylast straight. Especially when entering the last turn the Viper was actuallygaining ground from the previous turn.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? You think those times are impressive for a $141,000 car that is supposed to be "the best" American sports car made? Wow.

It is the best american made sports car. Lets not forget...The SRT Viper starts at $99,390 and for that you get 640 h.p. and 600 lb ft of torque in a N/A V 10. Don't see any N/A Vett's with that kind of power. Base on the ZR1 is $113,595 and it's not even N/A. Corvette #fail.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper did NOT outpull the ZR1 anywhere on the track.

Read my previous post and learn something rookie.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll add from the MT article:

"The VBOX’s speed trace asserts the Viper pulls harder than the ZR1 on the straights
You cant argue with accelerometers & global positioning systems.

"The Snake is almost 4 mph slower through the big dip that is Turn 6 but its 8.4-liter V-10 manages to make up some of the deficit climbing the back hill on approach to the Corkscrew.
Hmmmm, I wander how the Viper "made up the deficit"??? Perhaps by PULLING STRONGER :dunno:

"Despite using 10-cylinder grunt to close the gap after exiting Turn 9...
again...

"By the time the lap ends, the Viper is moving over 1 mph faster than the ZR1.

Why? Because it was PULLING STRONGER.

I'f you actually read the MT article it should be clear that the ZR1 won the time trial by out-cornering and out-braking the Viper.(given the combination of car AND driver) I am perfectly content knowing that the Viper has an N/A V10 that PULLED STRONGER than the Vette's blown V8. Why, because The ACR WILL without a doubt make up the difference and then some with its cornering & braking abilities.

Last edited:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think formerly, yes even in 2010 acr world, the car was a straight line car. take a turn see ya in a ditch as a 4 cylinder lotus takes a turn with a good suspension and smokes ya. now i'm anticipating that a lot has changed with handling. the styling changes are obvious as are the interior wrapping. maserati definitely got influence going there. what remains to be seen are the handling. i never liked how the snake of years past just kept adding more & more HP but the handling would be ass out headin for a ditch so i never bought one. i think with the performance and aesthetic changes/new comfort level you will see more euro guys (like me for example) showing serious interest where it never existed before. the stats and #'s are really impressive no matter how you view the car and personally i'm impressed. should mean a lot coming from a Lamborghini guy who daily drives a 12 cylinder Bentley. Just sayin'.

VIPER Magazine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rest assured that the Gen V is the absolute real deal. Get some Viper owners/drivers behind the wheel and you won't be hearing about how they prefer the Porsche Boxster for the street or lost to the bow tie gang. Of that we can assure you...

mopar1.jpg

red7.jpg

JohnnyLightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is the best american made sports car. Lets not forget...The SRT Viper starts at $99,390 and for that you get 640 h.p. and 600 lb ft of torque in a N/A V 10. Don't see any N/A Vett's with that kind of power. Base on the ZR1 is $113,595 and it's not even N/A. Corvette #fail.

FAIL LOL I am not a big vette fan and own a Viper but a N/A Corvette did beat the Viper also being the ZO6 at 1:34.43 and cheaper than the $99,390. Also a stock ZO6 has run a high 10 second on factory tires already so don't go pumping out your chest.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FAIL LOL I am not a big vette fan and own a Viper but a N/A Corvette did beat the Viper also being the ZO6 at 1:34.43 and cheaper than the $99,390. Also a stock ZO6 has run a high 10 second on factory tires already so don't go pumping out your chest.

Where at MIR? that track holds every 1/4 record in the country. I've seen some stock sedans run 11's at that track!

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think formerly, yes even in 2010 acr world, the car was a straight line car. take a turn see ya in a ditch as a 4 cylinder lotus takes a turn with a good suspension and smokes ya. now i'm anticipating that a lot has changed with handling. ... what remains to be seen are the handling. i never liked how the snake of years past just kept adding more & more HP but the handling would be ass out headin for a ditch so i never bought one.

Learn2drive.

The ACR is a creampuff for handling compared to 99.9% of other cars. It may be scary at the limit because you are going way faster than every other car but a select few...stop aiming for the ditch and you should be fine.

OP
OP
T

tbi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock gen4s have went 10.9 @130 mph.

The gen5 is a lil quicker. I suspect 10.7 @ 132 . Someone will likely pull a 10.6 @ 133 from a stocker at MIR.

But despite these 10 sec miracle passes from zr1s and vipers...I do belieave your average driver is gonna run 11.3 @ 128 mph in a gen5 no prob at any track.

That my friends is fastttttttt.

My previous mild head and cammed 560 rwhp gen3 was only running 11.5s at 127 mph. And that thing pretty much dominated everything I lined up with.

This new gen5 viper is amazeing. many pics Ive seen Id swear I was lookin at a 97 gts from many angles and the interior is the nicest Ive seen in an American exotic.

I wont be surprised at all if srt pulls a 1.33x-134.5 second lap at LS with this new Viper.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm all for the new snake! i've read nothing but good reviews about it and have said all great things about it. my question though, is why so few orders (or so it seems) maybe xmas time + economy? i think on an order thread about 9 or 10 guys posted their order specs? anyone have the number of cars ordered yet? my guess would be that the anticipated production of 1500 units would fill?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Policy Limits:3135777 said:
my question though, is why so few orders (or so it seems) maybe xmas time + economy? i think on an order thread about 9 or 10 guys posted their order specs? anyone have the number of cars ordered yet? my guess would be that the anticipated production of 1500 units would fill?

I think you answered your own question by saying "or so it seems". Your Perception about the situation could be off considering your source is an internet forum. In reality, the average person dropping +100k on a new car may not have the time to fool around on forums like us. :)

Add to that, the total number of viper owners & potential buyers is far greater than the amount of VCA members and forum browsers.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you answered your own question by saying "or so it seems". Your Perception about the situation could be off considering your source is an internet forum. In reality, the average person dropping +100k on a new car may not have the time to fool around on forums like us. :)

Add to that, the total number of viper owners & potential buyers is far greater than the amount of VCA members and forum browsers.

Spot on. There easily are 3 times the number of Viper Drivers in mid-to-south Texas; compared to actual South/Central Viper Club membership. I suspect that is the same nationwide.

RC000E

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ownage....haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang