Impressive skills

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely impressive. I could never really get into drifting, but I do have respect for the skill it takes.

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely impressive. I could never really get into drifting, but I do have respect for the skill it takes.

I know what you mean, while I know drifting is not really a form of professional racing. I think it's really cool. I believe it's an art that requires the ultimate skills on car control. It's not about going fast or getting the best time on the track by executing perfectly around the corners and the straightss but about driving on the limits of physics on the edge of traction. I don't think the viper is the ideal car for that though and that's what in my humble opinion makes the skills of the driver in the above video really impressive. I'd certainly love to have both skills sets (scratch that all skill sets: drag strip, racing on a track, drifting, etc.) someday but I seriously doubt that will ever happen.

Last edited:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. I have had cars that I could easily get sideways in a turn and control them all the way but the Viper doesn't like that. Damn impressive.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's Sam Hubinette at Infineon Raceway. He's got a lot of skill and won the "Formula D" drift championship twice. I was scoffing at the whole drift thing as a Japanese fad, but when I went out there to watch it at the track it was actually quite entertaining. They now have an Amateur Drift nite on Wednesdays at Infineon along with the dragstrip bracket racing. So if you're really angry at your tires, there is a sweet opportunity here.

The pro Formula Drift championship still lives on but the series is only 7 rounds and doesn't come through my area (at Infineon) this year. :( Worth a look if it comes to a track near you though.