Info you asked for

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As of May 1st, there will be a slow release of information on the testing of the pre production SRT/10.

As of October 1st, All the magazines will be releasing their own individual testing results of the PRODUCTION SRT/10.

For those that want the info before October 1st, go to VOI.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, at VOI will there be SRT/10s in all colors and will we be able to sit in them. You know get up close and personal like?

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good point. I think if we knew there were going to SRT's there to see up close, a lot more people would opt to attend.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

What about something like the '02 zone events, whereby Dodge sent '02 ABS-equipped Vipers to let people drive...

Since VOI7 is so close to the launch date of the SRT, why not have a couple of SRT's standing by to let people take for a whuppin' around the AutoX? Surely it can't be a "don't break the SRT" issue, since I'm sure the cars would probably get crushed at some point anyways. And I'm sure alot of folks who don't like the SRT or are on the fence about it might have a change of heart when they feel the performance.

If that is not possible, then what are the chances that some of the DC guys will let me take one down the drag strip a few times? no, seriously
smile.gif

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>excuse my stupidity, but i'm pretty much new to the whole viper scene, what's this VOI that you all are talking about?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FR USMC - NOT a stupid question!! VOI stands for Viper Owners Invitational and will be held 9/26-9/30 in Nashville......Kurt

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
I will send over that request. I think there may be opportunity to even get some rides (as passengers) if we push?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pushing
smile.gif
. Steve, please keep us up to date. I would love to be able to get a ride in the new 03! Having all 3 colors next to each other and "open" for inspection would be great treat at VOI!

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LOVE that "fund raising" option! I will get on that right away.

Jon, the issue is that since the Vehicles are not production, they are also not certifiably street legal. If something was to happen, a major bag of worms would hit the fan. That being said, I would not be surprised if some actual production models show up, and thus we get to bug the shi(t) out of the PVO guys for rides!

How does this sound:
Ride and drives in SRT/10, SRT4, and Ram SRT? That will be one hell of a fast afternoon!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Sign me up for the fund-raiser! I'd be willing to toss a c-note into the VCA coffers for a chance to bake a set of tires off a helpless SRT!

Err, or maybe I shouldn't say that?

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Color decisions will not be able to be altered after VOI. The only hope you have is if it makes it into the 2004 color plan. And since the color decision makers only know grey's, there is a good chance that you will see your color before mine!

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The plan is to have vehicles there, and YES, there will be some form of test drives and or rides. I think you will get details in your VOI E-mail updates.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
and YES, there will be some form of test drives and or rides. I think you will get details in your VOI E-mail updates.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where have I heard that one before? Let's see...... Oh yeah! VOI #2! We were supposed to be able to drive the GTS coupe. But Noooooooo.

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey GTS (or should I say negative)Dean, at this point the plan is to have the SRT/10 and SRT/4 there to give some personal time to the family. Can things change? Yes.

I recall VOI 2, and I do not remember ever being promised test drives or rides prior to Monterey? When did that promise occur?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

That's what we heard _unofficially_. But more than one person heard it.

And as for your decision to skip the GTS - ostensibly because it could not be had WITHOUT factory air - you could have easily opted for the A/C & Radio Delete ACR and stiffened the shocks up. But then there's that sticky issue of glass windows. Oh well, I guess there's just no pleasing some people, right?

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't not ever recall hearing that? As for a GTS without air, well you hit it, or at least partially. My first intention was to use a GTS for the track, that was why I asked for the no air option. When that did not become a reality, I opted to help put together the initial plan to request a factory race car for the enthusiast, which we will learn soon became the model know as the Comp Coupe. Since I was fortunate to learn that this could one day be a reality, I have started saving the funds to add that to the garage, since I already own a Viper to use on the street. So I guess in the end, I was provided with the product that I initially was in seek of, it just took a little longer than expected (7 years)!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude