installed stone guards today

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed stone guards today. What do you think?? I'd prefer not to have them but its better than chips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 148

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Terrible, looks like mud flaps. Why not clear bra it?

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my .02. They don't look awful. Some side splitters would tie them in great, or painted body color. But not bad.

-Tim

OP
OP
Q

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean there not permanent or anything I can put them on when I drive it and take them off as it sits in the garage or at shows.

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lower the car. Will look better but I think the less you see them the better. I went with Dans well more like Dan went with mine since he installed them while my car was there. They disappear and work well.

http://viperspecialtyperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=185

IMO these also blend in with the tires when you aren't staring at them, especially when viewed from the rear. Most people won't even notice them unless you point them out.

You must be registered for see images attach

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it boils down to what you want... functionality vs looks.
I'm sure these will stop more stray debris than viper specialty's but don't hide as well.
It's a give and take world.

I do agree with the invisible bra looking kinda ratty after awhile though. My front facia is full of small nicks in the clear bra down low.

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have both type of stone guards on my two cars and they both work very well. I went with another style on my ACR, because I think it takes the abuse of the track better.

Your right clear bra does look kinda rough after a while, BUT clear bra is alot cheaper to replace and you don't have to worry about finding a body shop to match colors and matching up your stripes. I just replaced the clear bra on my 03 for $175.00, alot cheaper than a repaint. (Front only)

And, your car LOOKS Great, excellent choice of color.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoa, those are serious. Love your car though, I understand trying to protect it. I use Dan's and prefer the stealthier look, but nice job, love that blue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang