Installing Fog Lights on my ACR?

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to install fog lights on my 2000 ACR because 1) I'll use them and 2) I don't like the empty void in my front bumper. However, I'm unsure what parts I need to purchase. Are the fog lights and lights all I need? Or do I need a wiring harness and a bunch of other parts? Thanks!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt all the wiring is there, just buy a set of fog lights and plug in. Pretty sure the same 3 screws that hold in the blocking plates can be ued to secure the lights (did this 5 years ago). Don't lose those blocking plates, one day they'll be worth a small fortune. Mike

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Matt I added Gen 3 fog lights to my 2000 ACR because I also use them and hate the empty holes and it's a very simple install.

I had to remove my fascia to install them since you can't remove the fog light bracket from underneath. The Gen 3 lights bolt right up, but you will need Gen 2 pigtales so you can cut and splice them to make it plug and play. You will also need 2 relays for the fuse box.

If you want to use Gen 2 fog lights, it will be a simple plug and play install. Only 3 screws holds the bracket/fog light to the fascia.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same thing this winter to my acr. I don't like the black holes either. So about taking the front fascia off, is it a must for putting any year fog light in. Im guessing so right? And how hard is it to take the front clip off? Any issues with the air bags or anything?

OP
OP
A

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the quick and very helpful replies!:headbang: The Gen III fog light installation is interesting and looks really good BTW! What are the advantages of them vs the Gen II fog lights? Better materials, or improved light dispersion?

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the quick and very helpful replies!:headbang: The Gen III fog light installation is interesting and looks really good BTW! What are the advantages of them vs the Gen II fog lights? Better materials, or improved light dispersion?

The gen 3 lights are plastic which weight a lot less plus they have a clearer lense that doesn't block the light. The Gen 2's are GLASS lenses and they are heavier. They just don't look as good IMO :)

OP
OP
A

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, I'd assume then that Gen III's might cost a little less than Gen II fogs as well. Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks!

OP
OP
A

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last question lol. If I were to install HIDs in the Gen III fog lights at the same time would I still need the other pigtail and such?

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last question lol. If I were to install HIDs in the Gen III fog lights at the same time would I still need the other pigtail and such?

Yes the Gen 3 lights are about $100 each brand new. And Yes you will still need the pigtale since you are plugging into the factory harness. The factory harness then plugs into the HID ballast. Since the Gen 2 and Gen 3 use different bulbs, you will still need the pigtales to match up with the Gen 2 harness. I hope that made sense?

I did this upgrade for around $300 with HID, but you can buy a kit without HID for $400.

http://www.davesbigbrakes.com/www.davesbigbrakes.com/Exterior/Pages/SRT_FogLight_Upgrade.html

OP
OP
A

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the Gen 3 lights are about $100 each brand new. And Yes you will still need the pigtale since you are plugging into the factory harness. The factory harness then plugs into the HID ballast. Since the Gen 2 and Gen 3 use different bulbs, you will still need the pigtales to match up with the Gen 2 harness. I hope that made sense?
I did this upgrade for around $300 with HID, but you can buy a kit without HID for $400.
http://www.davesbigbrakes.com/www.davesbigbrakes.com/Exterior/Pages/SRT_FogLight_Upgrade.html

Clear as mud! Haha just kidding, I understand. Thanks for the link too!

You would need the hid ballast to have an h3 connection and the bulb to be what ever the gen 3 fogs house if I'm not mistaken.

I'm looking into that further. I'm calling DDM Monday to see if I can't mix and match some.

Saw this post and added lights to my ACR tonight! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pics??? I can never see too many Gen II ACRs in one day!:D

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw this post and added lights to my ACR tonight! Thanks for the inspiration!

Like someone else said, consider putting a heavy "headlight" film on them. Low on the car is a good place to pick up a rock at. One of mine was cracked before I added the film.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang