installing hurst shifter?

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok im installing my hurst shifter and here is my question, what exactly makes a short shifter a short shifter. I am taking my shift know off from the pic here and when I take it off it reduces my shaft by half. Well as you can see from the pic the after market shift knob thread's right onto the Oem shifter, and now when I shift through the gears it seems to be shorter. am I just high in the night or do I really need to put the hurst in.

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is pic of factory shifter
10300P1010021-med.JPG

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is a pic of after market shift knob on factory shifter. shifting through the gears seams shorter. do I really need to put the hurst in?

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is a pic of after market shift knob on factory shifter. shifting through the gears seams shorter. do I really need to put the hurst in?
10300P1010024-med.JPG

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I think if you put your console back you couldn't hardly see or use the shifter. Even with a shorter shaft the stock shifter will never shift as good as a Hurst.

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well got the hurst shifter on and I do have to say it wasnt that hard. except the 8 rivets, but not as bad as I thought. But I honestly have to say the throw is about the same as taking off the oem shift knob and shaft per my pic's. But hurst is already on so I will leave it.

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where did you buy your hurst shifter from?

I am considering the same option and cannot make up my mind.

What would you do knowing what you know now?

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bought the hurst from Roe. just got everything buttoned up, and now I can say it does feel firmer and the shift is definately shorter, so I take back my last statement. Now its snowing darn it, wanted to take it out and really see how it felt. thanks for all the info prior to install. I stocked up on drill bits and stepdrill's.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960