Insurance

Dean '01 GTS

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 2001 GTs that is driven very rarely, what is everyone else doing for insurance, Allstate is eating my lunch.

Any input is apprecieated,

thanks!!!!!

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Insurance varies greatly from state to state so it's going to be difficult for you to do a comparison on this board. Nevertheless, I pay $960 per year in VA for my 04 SRT Viper and have full coverage at some pretty high limits from Nationwide. I also have a clean driving record, a multi-car discount and a discount for also getting my homeowners insurance through Nationwide. It certainly pays to shop around for insurance sometimes. If you haven't done it, you probably should.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Leland West. They are kind of anal about things but the rates are cheap.

GTSTF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have State Farm for my house and my cars and i just paid $637 for 6 mos. coverage on my Viper. looking at what other people are paying, it looks like State Farm isn't even lubing me up before shoving it in.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a little luck we will have a VIPER/VCA insurance program set up in the next few month's. And from what I have seen so far the rates are 10-15% lower than existing rates.

More to follow.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try GEICO. they are going to get me for just about 800.00 per year as a "pleasure vehicle" because I have another vehicle insured that I drive evryday.

Progressive was a RIPOFF when I talked to them 1700.00 and a have a squeaky clean record.

Steve A.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i pay approx $1,700 a year and could save almost half if i shut it off during winter, but i like those occasional drives when conditions are favorable.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
3400/Yr through Gieco here... Progressive wanted to up me to 4K this time around with a clean record. I dropped them like a ton of bricks as soon as they tried to pull that crap. If I take a defensive driving course, I save another 400 or so.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
USAA is almost always the lowest cost but you have to be military, ex, or someone in family was. Ive had them for 30 years and their low cost but the bottom line in any company is how they low ball you when you have a claim. You always lose unless you bought the car really cheap. Good luck.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a little luck we will have a VIPER/VCA insurance program set up in the next few month's. And from what I have seen so far the rates are 10-15% lower than existing rates.

More to follow.

If you can do that (and dump the Viper mag publisher that's late all the time) you will be, as Ferris Buellers friend says, "my hero".

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From reading posts on this topic,it seems like the range from low to high is incredible.
I pay about $2000 per year on the Viper which is considered cheap for up here.Prowler is about half of that...

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperfreak, I can't do that but there are two insurance carriers I work with that have asked if the VCA has anything like that. I told them no, so they are reviewing the case right now. I hope it happens more for many of you than for me. I am only paying $600 right now, so it won't be that much of a savings for me, but for some of these poor souls paying thousands more it could really help. When I hear something I will pass it along.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last 10 years all insurance with Allstate, they just called me and lowered my insurance.
1993 Viper with raised coverages, 7000miles/year, total of $445 per year.
My wifes Expedition costs more to insure...

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jim in Amherst.Who are you?Have we met?House and 3 vehicles insured with state farm.Pay 600 for 6 mon. on the road and about an extra hundred for winter coverage.Don't have to turn in the plates.I have gray hair and have preferential rates because the thin I am old.If they only had a clue.Cops don't give me tickets either.Dan L must be a ticket magnet.I was when I was his age. Probably drop state farm and go with grundy.Cost twice as much but get full coverage for agreed value. Bruce

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh