Introducing......Street Legal Competition Coupe

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well boys, it's 99% complete so I thought I'd throw up some teaser pictures. Here it is, a street legal competition coupe that we have all longed for. Still some minor things to complete but the car is looking great. I will post some better pictures with car on the road next week. Enjoy!! :2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

Unfortunately due to some logistical issues and other commitments, the car will not be in Vegas as originally planned.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Wayne, you have done what has been overdue. Did you start with a Competition Coupe and make it legal? If so, how much weight was added? How did you create a vin #?
I am glad you are relatively close because it alone looks worth the trip on the QEW to see in person. WOW. :eek: You could sell a lot of those for 140k+ if you had a factory.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. I'm not a big fan of the stock coupe, but that's great!
:cool:
What a great time to be a Viper owner, what with Jeff's kit for us 'vert guys, and now yours for coupe owners.
:laugh:

SRT10_SWISS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car was originally a coupe. Much easier to start there than the other way around

Wayne, both are coupes..... :confused:

to make sure we all speaking about the same, you start with an Competition Coupe or a regular production SRT10 Coupe?

thanks.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on wheel base, this looks like an 06 coupe, the distance between the door and the rear wheel is about 4 inches shorter than a comp coupe.

OP
OP
W

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vehicle started life as a 06 SRT Coupe. All the body panels were removed and replaced with carbon fiber. The rear window is lexan

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks GREAT !!

Hopefully we can get to see it at one of the VCO events. Maybe the Muskoka run??

Patrick

PS: I still have your hood pad? Rent is starting to accumulate................:):).

56LesPaul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm this doesnt look anything like that red comp coupe picture that has been floating around (the one where the car is on display)

Is it just me or does the rear end on this look "cheap" like its a replica attempt rather than a real production model.

Also not a fan of the wheels....

I dont get it...because as it looks now the regular coupe looks better...

Maybe need to see some completed pics at a normal angle...

Interesting attempt...lets see how it plays out

OP
OP
W

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the rear end on this look "cheap" like its a replica attempt rather than a real production model.

The rear end is EXACTLY the same as the production Comp Coupes, as are the rest of the panels. (the rear on productions is different than the GTSR concept)

The pictures do not do it justice.

L8apx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Señor 56LesPaul, please try to think of a better way to critique someone else's work before committing your comments via the keyboard.

Everyone would also appreciate it if you'd just keep the same username.

Do you think this car should have the Jay Leno nose like yours???

Wayne - I think what you have done is excellent! I wish I could do that myself!

56LesPaul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its just hard to visualize it with it all jacked up like that....any idea who makes those wheels on the red competition coupe pic we have seen...I would go with those

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AHHH WAYNE OMG YOU MADE MY DREAM!!! That is so F$#(^N AWESOME! I've got a photographer friend in Canada who I'm sure would love to take shots of the car.

--RS

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne:
That looks great. Question, how does the yout SRRC interior match up to the CC body panels - door, roof, etc - are there big gaps or is it bolt on.
And ditto on the Q for weight saving - did you weigh the stock body and glass vss the CC carbon fiber body and lexan?
Soory to be a pest but you doing what DC failed to have th guts to do...fantastic.
How are dealing with lights and signals?
Are you going use the CC splitter - is std or world challenge front clip???
OK I'll stop now.

Man Of Steel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I think it looks awesome... Are you ready to start taking orders? : )

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne ;
I need to see it in person...........how can we hook up. I'll even deliver the hood pad to you personally.

Send me a PM or are you going to Vegas?

Patrick